July 24, 2014, 03:17:28 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FL Panhandle Crabbing! (Cape San Blas)  (Read 3254 times)
WendyJackson

Ignore
« on: July 27, 2006, 04:32:44 PM »

Just got back from Cape San Blas and the crabbing was WONDERFUL!  Forgot how much we loved to catch them and best of all pick them!

Spent a few hours on the bay with nets and caught a bunch, then threw the crab cage out out in the surf for a few hours and came up with a few dozen at a time -- several days in a row!  This was our first time with the cage--not as much fun as with the net, but better when it comes to filling your belly!

WendyJackson

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 04:33:28 PM »

Just got back from Cape San Blas and the crabbing was WONDERFUL!  Forgot how much we loved to catch them and best of all pick them!

Spent a few hours on the bay with nets and caught a bunch, then threw the crab cage out out in the surf for a few hours and came up with several dozen -- several days in a row!  This was our first time with the cage--not as much fun as with the net, but better when it comes to filling your belly!

Wendy Jackson
www.TheCapeEscape.com
DocSmith

Proud of what I stand for; Careful what I fall for

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 02:49:40 PM »

Hi Wendy -

Glad to hear your crabbing was good!  I'm suprised you got crabs in the surf, I've never had much luck there - just be sure you don't go in the surf at dawn, dusk, or at night - you might become something's dinner!

Doc sunny

The Cruelest Creature's the Crab, with Pinchers that can Cut you and Stab! And Then, when you Dine on Crab and White Wine, it's Murder when you Pick Up The Tab!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home