July 31, 2014, 09:40:38 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy live blue crabs in St. Petersburg/Tampa/Clearwater, Florida area?  (Read 36078 times)
Nikky

« on: March 24, 2003, 03:09:19 PM »

Hello there! I was wondering if you might know where one can buy live blue crabs in the St. Petersburg/Tampa/Clearwater, Florida area? My family is a transplant from Maryland, and hook ups we’ve had in the past have gone out of business. Of course we are devastated!!! Any information you could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for your time  Smiley

Sincerely,

Nikky Piber
hardcore

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 05:56:13 AM »

I visited my Uncle two years ago and bought three dozen live ones from a seafood store in Tarpin Springs. I called a bunch of places until I found some.  Sorry, But I can't remember the name of the store.
Lyndsay R.

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 05:39:49 PM »

I just read your question and I am going to move to Florida from Maryland in November.  My husband is an avid crabber and is thinking about opening a crab business in Tampa.  Are there other people you know who are also looking to buy both steamed and live crabs?  We are just trying to get a feel for the demand down there.   Please let me know.  

Thank You
hairdayze

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 09:30:56 AM »

"I visited my Uncle two years ago and bought three dozen live ones from a seafood store in Tarpin Springs. I called a bunch of places until I found some.  Sorry, But I can't remember the name of the store."

I live in this area and I think the place that he is refering to is called "Pelican Point".  It is located at the Sponge Docks (greek town) Tarpon Springs, Fl.  I have purchased crabs from them in the past and they were good.  The only drawback for me is it is strictly a fish market and you have to take them live and steam them yourself.  I am looking for a place to go and eat them.  If anyone knows of one please let me know.  Thanks 
jengirl1014

I love crabs! (but then again, who doesn't?)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 09:34:04 AM »

You can order blue crabs from MD and have them shipped down to you.  I believe that one of the places is crabplace.com.  You might want to check that out. Wink

Jen! :-)
Crabcruncher

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 11:41:11 PM »

There are so many crabpots in Tampa Bay, you can hardly boat thru them. Let your fingers do the walking  thru the yellow pages and look up retail Seafood outlets,Ybor city area, I personally have bought them at two separate locations when I was down visiting relatives in Tampa. Jumbo males were $18 a dozen, and live soft crabs were available for three dollars apiece at a place on the water right after you cross the McKay Bay Bridge near 21st st.

Say brother....can you spare a crab...
dodger

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 01:43:31 AM »

You might try Trapman's by the Gandy bridge.  727-579-1414
4Seasons Seafood

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 07:59:56 AM »

trappmans  does not handle blues anymore . but i will sell them by the pound jim 727-919-1738
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:03:01 AM by 4Seasons Seafood » Logged
bigman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »

if you move too fl we can work with you on the live blue crabs we do have live blue crabs win thy move in
Crabpot Man
Lifetime Member

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 07:28:06 PM »

It's only been seven years, but you never know. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home