April 25, 2014, 05:20:38 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kids & Crabbing  (Read 4246 times)
danbutterworth

Ignore
« on: June 10, 2007, 02:43:55 PM »

I was curious if anyone could give me the rules/regs on how limits and crabbing apply with children?  If I take my 5 year old crabbing in Lake Mattamuskeet, can we catch 24 crabs (12 each) - or would it be limited to just the adult's 12 crabs?
horsefly
Lifetime Member

That's me... ^^

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 10:44:39 PM »

I believe the rule actually means 12 per person who is "actually" crabbing, just as the rule for out in the river. That is 50 crabs per licensed person per vessel not to exceed 100 crabs daily. If you and your wife get a dozen each of those  HUGE Laker Mumbo's I am sure you will have enough for your 5 year old to eat at least one. Good luck Wink

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
NickG

Nom-nom-nom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 02:31:39 PM »

I just got on the phone and gave the good folks out at the lake a call. Explained I wanted to take my 4 year old daughter and they said the 12 crab limit is "per person" so we could take 24. I have been in the past with a neighbor and his son who was 5 at the time. The wildlife officers came up and checked our basket and never batted an eye.You will be fine. If you want to call the lake, here is their number:  (252) 926-4021

Have fun.

-Nick

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home