September 02, 2014, 05:09:52 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: any blue crabs in Ct.  (Read 2992 times)
mitchellseafood

Ignore
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:22:38 AM »

Any places serve or sell blue crabs in Ct currently.  I realize they might not have them right now due to weather but I'll be taking several house buying trips in the next 6 months and wanted to check them out.

Thanks
Sunpal

Pickin' n' grinnin'

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 08:22:06 AM »

Not that I'm aware of... Cry I live in Fairfield County (Southwestern Ct) and finding blue claws in stores is rare.  There are no restaurants I know of that have them on a regular basis.  Good luck with the house hunting.  Aside from lousy crabbing CT isn't too bad a place.  Where are you planning to look?

If it weren't for circles, I'd get nowhere
mitchellseafood

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 10:13:52 AM »

I think the Waterbury or New Haven areas...  We aren't sure (neither my husband or I have ever been to Ct).  I'll be up sometime this month to see if there would be a market for crabs that's all I deal with down here (in Ga) and I have some contacts up that way to get started.  But I can't live without crabs year-round now that I've been spoiled so even if I can't sell them up in Ct. I will definitely be eating them regularly.

Are there any areas that seafood is big there?  Because I hope to bring in crabs from the south but there are some seafoods I'll be looking to take down to the south as well.
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »

There is a Shop Rite close by that sells Blue Crabs, when they get them. They're usually on the small side.
There are also some fish stores that get them in. I don't have access to that info right now; I'm on vacation.
I think they are in New Haven or Madison area.
I live in the Norwalk CT area and seafood is is fairly common here (not Blue Crabs) but the bigger seafood area is south eastern CT near Stonington. Mostly though, in these areas, Lobster is king along with Clams, Oysters and finfish.        Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 10:59:01 AM by SHELLFISH » Logged

Retired in paradise!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home