August 28, 2014, 01:04:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lake Mattamuskeet Crabs  (Read 6882 times)
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise on Albemarle

Ignore
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:32:24 AM »

I personally didn't go, but did see some crabs that were caught by some friends of mine. I have'nt made it, since I have been able to get a few right down the road. My  friends have been going for over two weeks, at least 2 to 3 times a week down there and have caught their limit. They all were caught at either the Lodge, or over on Waupoppin Canal. One guy said he went on canals on the other side of Englehard(that lead to sound) and caught mixed large males and females. BEWARE, the game warden(s) are out in full force, and have written several tickets for over limits. BTW, all the the crabs cooked up heavy compared to last two years, where the crabs were big heavy and rusty before cooking but cooked turned out not to be much. Maybe it's the rain we had in early spring that helped??

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 10:54:25 AM »

Nice , sounds like the biginning of a good year.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
NickG

Nom-nom-nom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 11:34:44 AM »

Thanks for the note horsefly. Sound like it might be a good time to run the kids over there and give it a try. At $4.00 a gallon, the trip doesn't come cheap.

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 12:06:54 PM »

The cost of gas, is nothing compared to the fun and the life long memories you have on the crabbing trips.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Sunrise on Albemarle

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »

Thanks for the note horsefly. Sound like it might be a good time to run the kids over there and give it a try. At $4.00 a gallon, the trip doesn't come cheap.

Nick, let me know when ya are heading over, we are going Sunday morn very early at will be at the Lodge for first stop since this has been the "hot spot" Smiley I would go Sat, but the kids will be crabbing anyway, and it's not worth the $10 in gas for wife and I only to keep 2 doz........unless we go on the Outfall Canal or Gull Rock canals, lots of big females up there though.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 06:09:28 PM »

Nick, let me know when ya are heading over, we are going Sunday morn very early at will be at the Lodge for first stop since this has been the "hot spot" Smiley I would go Sat, but the kids will be crabbing anyway, and it's not worth the $10 in gas for wife and I only to keep 2 doz........unless we go on the Outfall Canal or Gull Rock canals, lots of big females up there though.
laugh  Wink I bought $400.00 worth of gas this weekend..  Shocked  And the darn boat ain't full yet!  Grin

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 07:00:05 PM »

laugh  Wink I bought $400.00 worth of gas this weekend..  Shocked  And the darn boat ain't full yet!  Grin

Thats not a very good investment,  Boats are always running out of gas..
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »

Thats not a very good investment,  Boats are always running out of gas..
laugh laugh laugh

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
anson

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 11:37:34 AM »

Looks like we're headed out to the lake today.  I'll let you all know how we end up doing !

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home