April 24, 2014, 10:23:59 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabbing license in NC?  (Read 15581 times)
gutterboy

« on: July 13, 2003, 12:43:21 AM »

I want to do some recreational crabbin around Wilmington, North Carolina. Is there a regulation of how many crab pots I can set without license?

Thanks a lot, Gutterboy
grassmasters01

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 07:59:02 PM »

Hey I am in the wilmington area as well, did you ever figure out the rules?  I can't find anybody that knows for sure or the ones that think they do all say something different.

Thanks
Crabpot Man
Lifetime Member

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:42:11 AM »

I think you can tie two to the shore of waterfront property you own, otherwise you need a RCGL license that will allow you five.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

That's me... ^^

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »

Hey I am in the wilmington area as well, did you ever figure out the rules?  I can't find anybody that knows for sure or the ones that think they do all say something different.

Thanks
http://www.ncfisheries.net/   >>>>That should help you, unless you crab inland waters then you'll need to look at NC Wildlife site. I believe I saw somewhere you're only allowed 1 pot to the pier, N) One crab pot may be used from private property or private pier, without a license - Reference 15A NCAC 3J.0302Other than that, you'll need a CRFL if using comm type crab pots up to five, must be identified with Hot Pink buoy's. Must not exceed 50 crabs per person and/or 100 crabs per vessel per day. As of July 2nd 2008 as I was politely informed and warned by Wildlife Officers, you'll need a fishing license to use hand lands for crabbing inland waters.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
mdjohn

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 12:17:28 PM »

I want to do some recreational crabbin around Wilmington, North Carolina. Is there a regulation of how many crab pots I can set without license?

Thanks a lot, Gutterboy

yo - this guy was guest and this question is from 2003 ---- using my calcahuchilator. I says it is 5 years old

just so ya know  Wink Grin Grin laugh laugh laugh

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home