September 01, 2014, 03:06:08 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lowest crab prices in MD  (Read 28228 times)
dococrabs

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2009, 01:14:44 PM »

check us out

www.shesgotcrabs.com
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

QUEEN CHARLOTTE ISLANDS, BC CANADA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 01:26:47 PM »

Just curious.....where are you getting MD crabs from so early in the year?  Even though you say that MD crabbing season starts on 4/1 and you won't have them available until then...how  can you get big ones so early?   
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:30:48 PM by CrabShack » Logged

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
ItalianMule

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 01:28:01 PM »

Quote from the website-

"Crab Season Starts April 1st (3/02/09)
Our crabs will be available to you beginning on April 1st. Please, feel free to stop by, call, or place an online order through our Order Page"

"I am so smart, I am so smart, S.m.r.t I mean S.m.a.r.t."- Homer J Simpson

"My cat's breath smells like cat food"- Ralph Wiggum
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 03:01:18 PM »

How can you set your prices without knowing what your product will cost you?  season hasn't started yet, you couldn't possibly know what the crabbers are gonna want for their crabs.  Unless the knife is in their back already.

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee
Tidal Fish Advisory Commission
dococrabs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 04:05:06 PM »

if you take a look at the web site we OPEN april 3...and YES i DO know the prices...look i am just advertisting i know what i am talking about
jefftoleft
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »

Maybe you could make a donation to the board for all your free advertising

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
Crab A Lot

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 04:20:39 PM »

Just curious.....where are you getting MD crabs from so early in the year?  Even though you say that MD crabbing season starts on 4/1 and you won't have them available until then...how  can you get big ones so early?   

Louisiana crabs or from down south.

Chesapeake Bay Crabs are the best!!!!!!!!
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »

i know what i am talking about

Apparently you don't....either that or you are going by the car salesman theory that everyone is dumber than they are....Smiley

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 05:17:42 PM »

How can you set your prices without knowing what your product will cost you?  season hasn't started yet, you couldn't possibly know what the crabbers are gonna want for their crabs.  Unless the knife is in their back already.

Don't you know?  He has a crystal ball and can see into the future...... laugh laugh laugh laugh

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 05:45:08 PM »

Don't you know?  He has a crystal ball and can see into the future...... laugh laugh laugh laugh

or has an "arrangement" with the wholesaler down the shore to screw the hardworking waterman with rock bottom prices at the beginning of the season, when the crabber usually gets good money for his crabs.

Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 05:46:09 PM »

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »

Roll Eyes

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
dococrabs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 06:05:51 PM »

no not trying to "screw over" watermen that is what they will be making that is the field that they chose to go into and quite franly once again i am advertisting.......why dont you guys either get into the business and realize the costs that go with it or be a watermen. JUST BECAUSE SOME OF YOU CRAB ON THE REC LEVEL does not mean you are watermen nor understand the business
crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 06:09:49 PM »

Louisiana crabs or from down south.

Thats probably where they get them... then change the license plates...... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 06:13:05 PM »

no not trying to "screw over" watermen that is what they will be making that is the field that they chose to go into and quite franly once again i am advertisting.......why dont you guys either get into the business and realize the costs that go with it or be a watermen. JUST BECAUSE SOME OF YOU CRAB ON THE REC LEVEL does not mean you are watermen nor understand the business

Um....whatever happened to "truth in advertising" ?   Huh

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 07:00:07 PM »

Wink

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »

thumbsup

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 07:22:23 PM »

if you take a look at the web site we OPEN april 3...and YES i DO know the prices...look i am just advertising i know what i am talking about

Chip in for a MEMBERSHIP............Free advertising is a cheesy thing to do... Roll Eyes

How Long have you been in the "BUSINESS"?
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 07:23:03 PM »

The first pot has not been set in MD, the first line not run.  You have no idea how many crabs will be caught early in the season, yet you advertise such low prices.   Unless you have a deal with your supplier to fix the price low, (meaning the waterman gets screwed),  there is no way you can set your prices yet.  So the fix must be in, meaning the wholesaler has said that he's only going to pay x, and sell to you for y.  so when the hardworking crabber comes in with 2 bushel, the wholesaler tells him 50/ bushel take it or leave it, he takes it and goes home to hot dogs and mac and cheese.

And don't even go there telling me I don't know the expenses of selling crabs, or of catching them. I retail my own catch, so I'm well aware of both, but I don't take advantage of a forum to advertise my business.  I'm out of this one, before it goes where I don't want to go

Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 07:31:12 PM »

The first pot has not been set in MD, the first line not run.  You have no idea how many crabs will be caught early in the season, yet you advertise such low prices.   Unless you have a deal with your supplier to fix the price low, (meaning the waterman gets screwed),  there is no way you can set your prices yet.  So the fix must be in, meaning the wholesaler has said that he's only going to pay x, and sell to you for y.  so when the hardworking crabber comes in with 2 bushel, the wholesaler tells him 50/ bushel take it or leave it, he takes it and goes home to hot dogs and mac and cheese.

And don't even go there telling me I don't know the expenses of selling crabs, or of catching them. I retail my own catch, so I'm well aware of both, but I don't take advantage of a forum to advertise my business.  I'm out of this one, before it goes where I don't want to go

Or maybe the crabs aren't from MD   In one of his posts he says to look at his website......I am a firm believer of the motto  "Believe nothing of what you hear and only 1/2 of what you see"   Grin Grin

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
crabbing4fun

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »

WHAT ARE THE SIZE OF YOUR #1 AND YOUR EXTRA LARGE? I CALLED YOUR NUMBER AND YOU SHOW SELLING JUMBOS AT 250 A BUSHEL. HOW MANY SIZES DO YOU HAVE?
dococrabs

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 10:10:37 PM »

#1's are 5.5-6 and extra large are 6.25-6.5

yes i do have jumbos and they are 225 a bus
lreops
Lifetime Member

Before my Hair Implants

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 11:13:16 PM »

Here is an interesting quote by dococrabs I found from the archives;

24       Industry Topics / Retail Trade / Re: crab price survey       on: October 16, 2006, 04:56:14 AM
procrabber....your prices are great for the consumer however it is really sad what the commercial crabber is getting off the boat for them...15 for sooks 20 for 2's and 30 for #1s this is for cambridge south

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun
jefftoleft
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2009, 03:36:12 PM »

Roll Eyes
Wink
thumbsup
  Hey I have an idea   idea2 idea2 yes idea2 :idea2  Maybe you could make a donation to the board for all the free advertising that your getting
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:40:56 PM by jefftoleft » Logged

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM
rivercrab
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »

Im with you on this Rich..They already have the prices set..Thats why MD waterman should get a co op going and put the screws to these jerk offs.. I was down the road today and some of the wholesellers are saying 65 to start for 1#s.. I was like you have to be kidding..

Buy from your local watermen
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 06:53:33 PM by rivercrab » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home