13. PUBLIC HEARING: Proposed amendments to Regulation 4VAC20-270, “Pertaining to Crabbing” to reinstate the dates of the crabbing season as March 17 through November 30. THE 2009 CRABBING SEASON DATES WERE ESTABLISHED UNANIMOUSLY.
20. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: To establish 2009 regulations for the commercial harvest of blue crabs. THE COMMISSION UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED A PUBLIC HEARING NEXT MONTH ON 2009 BLUE CRAB REGULATIONS.
21. REQUEST FOR PUBLIC HEARING: To establish closing dates of crab sanctuary as May1 through September 15th. THE COMMISSION UNANIMOUSLY AGREED TO HOLD A PUBLIC HEARING NEXT MONTH ON A PROPOSAL TO CLOSE EVERY SECTION OF THE BLUE CRAB SANCTUARY FROM MAY 1 TO SEPT. 15.
22. INDIVIDUAL APPEALS TO PLACE CERTAIN CRAB POT AND PEELER POT LICENSES ON A WAITING LIST. THE COMMISSION AGREED TO REACTIVATE 17 CRAB LICENSES THAT HAD BEEN PLACED ON A WAITING LIST, AFTER HEARING APPEALS AND ACCEPTING PROOF OF MEDICAL HARDSHIP OR PAPERWORK ERRORS. EIGHT APPEALS WERE DENIED.
25. REPEAT OFFENDERS. THE COMMISSION PLACED THE LICENSES OF TWO WATERMEN ON PROBATION FOR ONE YEAR FOR SECOND OFFENSES IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS OF OYSTER OR CRAB CONSERVATION REGULATIONS.