September 02, 2014, 10:14:51 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place for live crabs near DC  (Read 7933 times)
Mobjack

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:32:09 PM »

I am looking to get a bushel of crabs for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. I live in downtown Washington, DC.

I have been very disappointed with the quality of crabs I bought 2 weeks ago at the fisherman's wharf off Maine ave in DC. They lacked much meat, were expensive and the freshness is questionable.

Cameron's seafood in Rockville had decent looking #1 males this past weekend for $100/bushel. I didn't buy any myself, but was able to observe a few people walking out with bushel baskets, and their size looked decent. I called them and you are unable to pre-order from them. I am sure prices will sky rocket for the holiday.

I am willing to drive up to an hour from DC for quality and to support local waterman.

Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »

I am looking to get a bushel of crabs for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. I live in downtown Washington, DC.

I have been very disappointed with the quality of crabs I bought 2 weeks ago at the fisherman's wharf off Maine ave in DC. They lacked much meat, were expensive and the freshness is questionable.

Cameron's seafood in Rockville had decent looking #1 males this past weekend for $100/bushel. I didn't buy any myself, but was able to observe a few people walking out with bushel baskets, and their size looked decent. I called them and you are unable to pre-order from them. I am sure prices will sky rocket for the holiday.

I am willing to drive up to an hour from DC for quality and to support local waterman.

100 a bushel for # 1s?    BAHAHAHA.   I wonder how light they were.  I doubt you'll find quality, true # 1's this weekend for 100.  Coveside Crabs will have #1's,  Rock hard, and over 6 inches (true #1's)  but they'll be about double that price.

410-477-4709

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee
Tidal Fish Advisory Commission
HowardTruitt

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:38:34 AM »

Go catch the crabs yourself. Then you will know how fresh they are. Plus all it costs is your time and you'll have some fun too. Plus it'll be good conversation with your guests.

There's a lot to know about wart treatments this page here http://banishwarts.com/ has some good information you can apply.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:15:39 AM by HowardTruitt » Logged
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 12:23:09 PM »

this post was june 30 . 2009 . hope has gotten some crabs by now .  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
jefftoleft
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 06:30:06 PM »

Might have had a hard time catching them today anyway!!!!!!!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

You will always catch more crabs with a DOT.NET than a DOT.COM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home