July 31, 2014, 11:30:53 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabbing in Late August. BEst places? Rentals?  (Read 1123 times)
mhazelton

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2009, 03:15:46 PM »

Hi all. I am new here and wanted to say I have really learned a lot by reading your posts.

I am planning a little family crabbing trip for late August (first time for my kids).  We live in South Jersey near Philly and don't mind the drive to the shore. Can anyone recommend a good spot to crab and maybe a good place to rent traps and a boat??  I really appreciate any help you could give me and bait/trap secrets are appreciated!!  Wink
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »

Try beaver dam , its a perfect place for the begining crabber (and the experienced)   you should probably purchase a few traps(go with ring traps)  and about 8 handlines and a net now. You can get all the stuff at dicks sporting goods and it is fairly inexspensive.  You can use chicken for bait (thighs/wings.drumsticks) purchase bunker at where ever you rent at. Also at beaver dam the water is no deeper than 5ft and very calm water(great for saftey) Very important thing is not to forget the sunblock and especially the best bug spray,  ( I prefer 100% deet) any more questions just give a hollar. Wink    its only about 30 bucks for the boat as compared to places that give you a small boat and motor for about 70 bucks and those motors are sometimes unreliable. reports have been excellent from beaverdam.

http://www.crabulousnj.com/index2.html
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:11:13 PM by phillyfireman » Logged
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 03:52:49 PM »

welcome . Bever dam or Dividing creek . both should ber good ast that tie of the year the difference is Beaver dam they tow you out . dividing creek you can rent a motor boat . Good luck and have a blast.   Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home