April 23, 2014, 10:45:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nags HeadI  (Read 4883 times)
sizzlnchef

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:32:50 PM »

I am going to be in Nags Head end of September and was wondering where are good places around to go crabbing? I just have 2 collapsible traps and hand lines for the family
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »

Find a boat to rent and you should have a BALL!!! Wink
dr.crab

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:27:44 AM »

i will be in KDH the last week in August and plan on crabbing using net type traps at 3 locations. I will post you when I return with results.
dr.crab

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:01:40 AM »

We came home last night after a week of mostly BAD weather 1 1/2 days of sun the whole week

A good place to take the familey is the Kitty Hawk boat docks on Bob Perry Rd. off of Kitty Hawk Rd.
We caught a lot of crabs but all small   3"-4"  but it is ok to keep the kids happy.

I also got a 8 lb. Snapping turtle which was returned to the water.

Good luck and we are looking forward to next year. Angry Sad Embarassed Cry
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 10:44:54 AM »

Even tho the weather wasn't all that great , it sounds like you had a good time anyway.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Oldfart

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 09:43:43 PM »

I just got back from a week in Duck. Caught plenty of keepers, tossed hundreds back. The highlite was working with the local green police after calling in a poacher who had set a string of pots under milk jugs in the sound behind my rental. I followed him after he left and gave the cops his rental address, car tag # and showed them the pots from my back deck. Set up a sting with the green police and town cops.  He came out every morning to take about 60 shorts and cook them for 4 days till we called him on it. I called it in and they jumped on him when he made it to shore. I hope he gets thousands in fines, the green cops said the judge will have a field day with this guy!
 If I have to play by the rules, everybody has to play by the rules. My state or yours. veryangry Don't ever take a short crab when I'm around!
antman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 09:53:10 PM »

I just got back from a week in Duck. Caught plenty of keepers, tossed hundreds back. The highlite was working with the local green police after calling in a poacher who had set a string of pots under milk jugs in the sound behind my rental. I followed him after he left and gave the cops his rental address, car tag # and showed them the pots from my back deck. Set up a sting with the green police and town cops.  He came out every morning to take about 60 shorts and cook them for 4 days till we called him on it. I called it in and they jumped on him when he made it to shore. I hope he gets thousands in fines, the green cops said the judge will have a field day with this guy!
 If I have to play by the rules, everybody has to play by the rules. My state or yours. veryangry Don't ever take a short crab when I'm around!

What's your tag number Roll Eyes
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »

What state was the Poacher from?
Oldfart

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 10:39:38 PM »

Floriduuuh.
Oldfart

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 10:44:34 PM »

What's your tag number Roll Eyes
    That's easy. Just look in your rear view mirror. Shocked Shocked Shocked
antman

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 10:51:49 PM »

That's easy. Just look in your rear view mirror. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Don't worry about me mr. crimefighter......

Just worry about your rear view mirror if you keep it up and keep patting yourself on the back Shocked
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 10:59:22 PM »

I'm not suprised, I hear the Florida guys save everything... Grin  I wonder if RD was up this way,and didn't stop by to say hello Roll Eyes

Oldfart

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 11:09:26 PM »

Don't worry about me mr. crimefighter......

Just worry about your rear view mirror if you keep it up and keep patting yourself on the back Shocked
Don't worry about me. I'm retired law and have no problem taking on scum from behind. Seems to me you are taking the poachers side.
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

trips 13 Bu.- 18 Biggest 8 1/8"

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 07:48:15 PM »

Don't worry about me. I'm retired law and ********have no problem taking on scum from behind******. Seems to me you are taking the poachers side.

You must have been a prison gaurd then huh?Huh?.....lmfao  now thats funny I dont care who you are..... laugh laugh laugh

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
Oldfart

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 07:53:23 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Wink
Stumpnocker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 09:50:02 AM »

Some People Just Can't Mind Their Own F%$%kin Business!!!!!  Glad you're not my neighbor!!!!! Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
boater2579
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 12:41:27 PM »

Hey stumpnocker you talking about oldfart??   If so ,sounds like you might be on the wrong end of things and need to watch over your shoulder because you might be doing something wrong..    If I took your post the wrong way then sorry just calling it like I see it... Not everyone will report a poacher ,I think more people should , but that is for you the person who whitenesses the poaching to decide, if I see someone doing something wrong I WILL turn you azz in .    I ant perfect but I follow the game laws , they are in place for a reason..
dantheman2929

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »

If someone throws a short or 2 in that is border line that is one thing, but to do it morning after morning that is just wrong. I was on the Choptank Bridge last year. A guy and his son ( who was in his 20's ) had 15 traps out over the side. After observing them for about 1 1/2 hours i noticed they had not thrown a single crab back. I knew they were keeping shorts and females. I knew i had caught atleast 20 shorts and females in that time and I was only using 4 traps. I was heading to my car to get my cooler out that i had forgot and asked to take a look at there crabs. Sure enough they had shorts some only 3 - 4 inches in there along with a TON of females. You who crab the Choptank bridge know the ratio from male to female. I asked they guy if he knew the rules about females that were in place. Not being allowed to keep them and if caught there were STIFF penalties. He then told me the crabs were for a cook out and he was not interested in crabbing rules. He was out there to catch crabs, big, small, male or female they all tasted the same to him then he laughed. I did contact DNR and they were there within the half hour. The son lost his crabbing licenses, all crabs were thrown back, and they lost there gear. Plus got a $1250 fine on top of that. The older guy crabbing came over to me and apologized for his son, told me it was his son's idea and he had not crabbed in 20 years. He knew something was up when i came over and asked what they were catching, he asked his son what was wrong and his son said I just wanted to know what there secret was. He said his son would be replacing the gear, paying the fine and getting a stiff kick in the rear! He also told me his son had been coming home with baskets full of females and shorts for years. ( which a few years back females were legal to keep )

Bottom line is even the old time crabber was happy that i called and DNR was very happy to catch the guy red handed. I think the dad did not loose his license and recieved no fines.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:07:38 AM by dantheman2929 » Logged
dantheman2929

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »

As for minding our own buisness, When you are out on the water, on a pier or bridge i feel it is our buisness to help inforce the rules. Those rules are there for a reason and when you decide to go crabbing or fishing you should step up and tell people when they are doing something wrong. If they are arrogant or rude call the authorities. If no one stuck up for what is right then think of what would happen. No one would fallow rules, and things would be alot worse than they already are! And this goes far beyond just crabbing and fishing.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:11:03 AM by dantheman2929 » Logged
Stumpnocker

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 09:20:54 AM »

As for minding our own buisness, When you are out on the water, on a pier or bridge i feel it is our buisness to help inforce the rules. Those rules are there for a reason and when you decide to go crabbing or fishing you should step up and tell people when they are doing something wrong. If they are arrogant or rude call the authorities. If no one stuck up for what is right then think of what would happen. No one would fallow rules, and things would be alot worse than they already are! And this goes far beyond just crabbing and fishing.
                                 HUH??? Huh
dr.crab

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 12:01:42 PM »

SENILE

Please stop this madness from AUG 09.
genecrabman

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 02:30:26 PM »

SENILE

Please stop this madness from AUG 09.

LMAO...I second it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Or change the thread title to "RATS".......................LOL
antman

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »

Don't worry about me. I'm retired law and have no problem taking on scum from behind.

He hasn't piped up....

maybe he's just had a man behind him for too long.....too much junk in his trunk Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home