April 25, 2014, 12:58:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mattamuskeet  (Read 4455 times)
SageandCher

Ignore
« on: September 06, 2009, 06:27:28 PM »

Hey folks, Me & a good friend of mine carried his 5 y/o son to Lake Matt today for his first crabbin' expedition. That boy was wound up tight & i ain't kiddin! lol He was nettin crabs left & right, but everytime we threw'em back he had a hard time understanding that they had to be 5" or better! But we did end up with four keepers tho'... the kid enjoyed himself anyways. We did however talk to one lady that did pretty good, she had a really nice mess! One was so big that she said she was gonna have him mounted i think she said it was 12 & 3/4"! Biggest darn crab i've ever seen! a true pie plate! Anyhow, the water is up alot more than about a month ago, you can't see the mud flats off the shoreline now so maybe the crabbin will pick up a little better. Fishin ain't to bad a buddy of ours has been catchin some nice white perch a couple up to 13", & we caught some cats about a month ago "biguns". Gonna go back next sunday with the little lady & try'em again! Later folks, RLW  Wink
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »

Nice report . BUT a 12 3/4 inch crab . would like to see that. was that from point to point or claw to claw ?

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
SageandCher

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:56 AM »

tattoo, the lady didn't say whether it was point to point or claw to claw, but she had him in one of those coolers with the wheels & i swear the shell covered the width at the bottom of her cooler! lol this thing was massive! lol she had a couple of good size ones maybe 7 to 8 inches point to point & they looked little compared to the one in the bottom! I wish you could have been there to see it! "monster"... i can see where someone would want to mount a crab now, after seeing this guy! later, RLW
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:20:09 AM »

That could be a record crab,  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Speedwell

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 10:14:56 PM »

I can't wait to try this lake out for myself... Grin

Was that a bite or am I imagining things???
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

trips 13 Bu.- 18 Biggest 8 1/8"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 10:49:28 PM »

oh no here we go again.........

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
horsefly
Lifetime Member

That's me... ^^

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »

Water high at the lake will be a good year this year . stay  at carawans com

Not to bash your comment, BUT.....being you tend slip that carawans thing in about all your posts.....DO THE RIGHT THING, and become a supporting member ...at the very least.

Now those who are going to the Lake I believe certain areas will be not accessible or harder to get to as they have bridge and road projects planned for the spring. So check ahead before heading there. If I can find the new link with the map I will post it for you.

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 12:37:05 PM »

Not to bash your comment, BUT.....being you tend slip that carawans thing in about all your posts.....DO THE RIGHT THING, and become a supporting member ...at the very least.

Now those who are going to the Lake I believe certain areas will be not accessible or harder to get to as they have bridge and road projects planned for the spring. So check ahead before heading there. If I can find the new link with the map I will post it for you.

That's a no no Brian. Wink  Grin
horsefly
Lifetime Member

That's me... ^^

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 12:52:48 PM »

HUH?

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 01:04:40 PM »

HUH?

http://www.bluecrab.info/forum/index.php/topic,38933.msg358341.html#msg358341

Wink
horsefly
Lifetime Member

That's me... ^^

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 01:17:36 PM »

well being I have not been here......U could have easily pst me kkty. :p

Summertop
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 01:24:50 PM »

well being I have not been here......U could have easily pst me kkty. :p

I gave you the link with a wink..   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  and I laughed when I said it was a no no..  Lighten up. laugh laugh
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »

Your right 8 posts... 8 adds....  Angry

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
horsefly
Lifetime Member

That's me... ^^

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 12:38:09 PM »

LOL ! ... a 12 & 3/4 inch crab ? .... Looks like the water level wasn't the only thing that was high on the lake !  laugh
Why laugh?  It wasnt uncommon way back in the day to see huge crabs, yes, that size now is a little rare, but monsters still exist there. A lot of the old timers say that they used to catch 2+ lb crabs. The largest I or my family has caught was 10", so dont rule out 12 inchers.

Summertop
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 07:48:21 AM »

The all-time world record "largest" Blue Crab measured 11" from point to point. (NOT from claw to claw.) Even a 9" Blue Crab would be a North Carolina state record, (if one even existed), and would be hailed as the all-time greatest Blue Crab EVER caught in North Carolina waters !

Really. Roll Eyes
dantheman2929

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »

It is hard for us to think of a crab being that big, especially since we have never seen one that large. But just like anything records are  made to be broken. If old timers caught some that were 2+ pounds who am I to argue that there could be a 12+in crab out there? I would be willing to say that one with all the chemicals going into the water, the hormones that are being run off into steams ( which make chicken, cows and other live stock HUGE ) it should not be uncommon to see some rather large crabs anymore. Think about some of the post's on here over the last year or 2. I can remember reading more than a few saying low numbers but big crabs. Maybe the same thing that is killing/chasing the crabs off at times may be causing the ones who stay behind and live through it to become nice big crabs..... I said it before but when i lived on Kent Island i stopped at a local crab shack and the guy there showed me a 9 3/4 inch crab. He said it was 1 3/4 pounds and he was having it mounted. He also had a 9" or 9 1/4" incher on the wall already. I think there are probably a few
Monsters" out there. Just hard to believe it if you do not see it for your self!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:06:33 AM by dantheman2929 » Logged
horsefly
Lifetime Member

That's me... ^^

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »

The all-time world record "largest" Blue Crab measured 11" from point to point. (NOT from claw to claw.) Even a 9" Blue Crab would be a North Carolina state record, (if one even existed), and would be hailed as the all-time greatest Blue Crab EVER caught in North Carolina waters !
Dude, you're blowing hot air from your tail, for one responding to a post almost 9 months ago. You were not there to see the crab neither was I, BUT I and my family crab not only commerically, but as recs and have done so for over many years. 9+" crabs are easy to catch, and is common, but commercially your not taking the time for each crab "oh wow I might mount that, like a deer rack", all you see is dollar bills. But, anyway I am done with this and your pointless comments. Good day to you and good luck Wink

dr.crab

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 11:58:44 AM »

SENILE

Please stop this madness from Sept 09
Seanile
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

WHEN THE CHICKEN NECK DROPS, THE BS STOPS

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »

SENILE

Please stop this madness from Sept 09

Good idea.  Wink

~ Bruce ~

If a man speaks at sea, where no woman can hear, is he still wrong?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home