Northern maine whitetail

<< < (2/2)

robc22:
N. Maine, N. N.H.,N.Vermont, s.Quebec, N.B. and nova Scotia are on the extreme northern range of the whitetail deer. Darwins laws are in full effect here. Only the biggest, baddest bucks survive the harsh environment to procreate.The low deer numbers and semi-widerness/wilderness country make hunting incredibly challenging, but if you get lucky........oh my!!!!!

Largest dressed deer shot in Maine......bingham township.......355 pounds....... :o :o :o :o :o :o

indoe:
Thatís not a deer thatís a small moose!!! I got a deer over the weekend but nothing like that.

phillyfireman:
Quote from: robc22 on November 16, 2009, 04:16:43 PM

N. Maine, N. N.H.,N.Vermont, s.Quebec, N.B. and nova Scotia are on the extreme northern range of the whitetail deer. Darwins laws are in full effect here. Only the biggest, baddest bucks survive the harsh environment to procreate.The low deer numbers and semi-widerness/wilderness country make hunting incredibly challenging, but if you get lucky........oh my!!!!!

Largest dressed deer shot in Maine......bingham township.......355 pounds....... :o :o :o :o :o :o

It's called the bergman rule..... the farther north or south of the equator that a given animal will grow larger. Probably has to do with heat retention   the larger an animal the less of his/her core heat is exposed to the elements.

robc22:
Quote from: phillyfireman on November 21, 2009, 10:54:38 AM

It's called the bergman rule..... the farther north or south of the equator that a given animal will grow larger. Probably has to do with heat retention   the larger an animal the less of his/her core heat is exposed to the elements.

Hit the nail on the head   :smash: :smash: :smash:

Jocko:
That is a big boy for sure! Gotta love the mass!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page