April 24, 2014, 05:16:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More great news from o"MEGA" protien and Menhaden  (Read 3912 times)
ACFISHERIES

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 10:03:11 PM »

Insurance companies have high paid lobbyist's, as well as power, telephone, and beverage companies.... So why is it so bad for a fishing industry company to have one?? I commercial fish because I LOVE IT, but I run a business and I run it to make a living for my family and my employees. I am not a part timer, my boats work 52 weeks per year. I belong to Organized Fishermen of Florida and we have a paid lobbyist, know why? CCA snakes.

Good dogs, Rotgut whiskey, All the BS you can stand
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 01:02:55 AM »

just a reminder to some    HELLO!!  bulb2   you are in the enviroment and conservation section.  one word for some zanex Grin
Good conservation would be to organize more NON UNION Vol.Fire Dept's in the big city's like Philly,we can do the same job for free saving the city a huge amount of money in salary's,retirement and union litigation.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
Dreampixels
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 01:37:42 AM »

Good conservation would be to organize more NON UNION Vol.Fire Dept's in the big city's like Philly,we can do the same job for free saving the city a huge amount of money in salary's,retirement and union litigation.

Tell ya what, I had the same feeling until I went thru Fire fighting 101. They put your butt in s burning building you ain't never seen before crawling on your knees with a fire hose and 20 minutes of air. The only thing you can feel is the guy before you and behind you - honey child it ain't fun by no means - especially when the 2 min bell starts ringing on you air supply.

Is every fire like that - no - but you just don't pick and choose - on your duty you take what comes - and since were on the subject let's abolish the Watermans Association, the Better Business Bureau, The Chamber of Commerce and for that matter the United States all which are people Unites for a common cause the members believe in. A union means people together for a common cause. It does not need to the word Union it it to be one. Did you ever sign a Petition? Nothing more then a Union of people speaking out for a common cause.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan

"Because I walk only in my shoes I enjoy Controversy. It allows me to view the minds and souls of others." Dreampixels

Extremist think "Communication" means agreeing with them. Leo Rosten
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 06:41:32 AM »

.Nevermind

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee
Tidal Fish Advisory Commission
Crabpot Man
Lifetime Member

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 07:21:54 AM »

FirePAC, the IAFF's Political Action Committee, spent over $5,000,000.00 last election cycle.  Grin

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 08:24:08 AM »

Tell ya what, I had the same feeling until I went thru Fire fighting 101. They put your butt in s burning building you ain't never seen before crawling on your knees with a fire hose and 20 minutes of air. The only thing you can feel is the guy before you and behind you - honey child it ain't fun by no means - especially when the 2 min bell starts ringing on you air supply.

Nothing to it,this Nov will be 35 years,most of my fires were without SCBA's,I just lit a nonfiltered camel for fresh air before i went in.

- John Wayne
mdjohn

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 09:25:29 AM »

Enjoy your yummy tasty fish protein more with the BASS-O-MATIC  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxwbDC1YeuY
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 10:32:53 AM »

That is laughable, workload would preclude any volunteers. Ive seen guys without scba's on jobs  there usually the guy that stays next to the front door  Grin

Maybe we need more people in washington representing independant watermen.  I do not see omega protien in the same boat as the rest of the comms.
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 10:38:31 AM »

FirePAC, the IAFF's Political Action Committee, spent over $5,000,000.00 last election cycle.  Grin

probably true, but they represent every department' union in the whole country.   funny thing is they dont do [shiz] for the big departments.    Many are thinking of droping out of th international.   If a union cant strike, they have very little if any power.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:58:48 AM by phillyfireman » Logged
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 10:48:03 AM »

Insurance companies have high paid lobbyist's, as well as power, telephone, and beverage companies.... So why is it so bad for a fishing industry company to have one?? I commercial fish because I LOVE IT, but I run a business and I run it to make a living for my family and my employees. I am not a part timer, my boats work 52 weeks per year. I belong to Organized Fishermen of Florida and we have a paid lobbyist, know why? CCA snakes.

In general  I dont like one company having that much power politically, No species should be governed by politicians.  the menhaden are
managed by the Virginia general assembly. they are the only species to be managed by the vga.  menhaden should be managed by biologist not by
some slimy politician.   if fish capsules are so good for you people will find it.  I have read studies that says they are not( u need fresh fish)
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 05:01:40 PM »

That is laughable, workload would preclude any volunteers. Ive seen guys without scba's on jobs  there usually the guy that stays next to the front door  Grin

Thats what I have always seen from paid city depts with SCBA's,they want to stand in the door or window and and put it out,dump 15,000 gals of water on everything the people own and pat each other on the back about what a great job they did.

- John Wayne
ACFISHERIES

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

Enjoy your yummy tasty fish protein more with the BASS-O-MATIC  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxwbDC1YeuY
I like your style.  I hope you find that fancy shotgun you want... Grin

Good dogs, Rotgut whiskey, All the BS you can stand
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »

Thats what I have always seen from paid city depts with SCBA's,they want to stand in the door or window and and put it out,dump 15,000 gals of water on everything the people own and pat each other on the back about what a great job they did.

If you really seen that then shame on them. we do something totally different than that.  aggressive interrior attack. !!

http://phillyfirenews.com/content/homepage
bayou boy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 07:38:15 PM »

That is laughable, workload would preclude any volunteers. Ive seen guys without scba's on jobs  there usually the guy that stays next to the front door  Grin

Maybe we need more people in washington representing independant watermen.  I do not see omega protien in the same boat as the rest of the comms.
this i agree with. the independant commercial fisherman, need more representation in our states and dc,wish we could borrow omega's lawyers and lobbyist for a few years....

the skyscrapers look like gravestones from out here
mdjohn

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »

DUNDALK FIREMEN HONORED FOR PUTTING OUT A FIRE IN THEIR OWN FIREHOUSE

somehow this is weird  Wink Cheesy Grin

http://wjz.com/local/fire.firehouse.dundalk.2.1557143.html
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 07:42:27 PM »

for your average to large comm I would fight for, but not omega Wink   I do not understand this blind loyalty to corporations like omega.
To me you(average comm) could not be farther away from them.
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2010, 07:43:49 PM »

somehow this is weird  Wink Cheesy Grin

I said before there might be more than meets the eye with this. still under investigation hmmmm?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 07:46:00 PM by phillyfireman » Logged
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »

somehow this is weird  Wink Cheesy Grin

I have friends and family at that station, it was a terrible accident.
Lets leave it alone, if possible.
Every firefighter should be honored!
Thanks,
Chris

....oh, yeah, CCA sux!

www.MoveEarth.org

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »

I have friends and family at that station, it was a terrible accident.
Lets leave it alone, if possible.
Every firefighter should be honored!
Thanks,
Chris

....oh, yeah, CCA  is great

devil
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2010, 09:17:37 PM »

Im with everyone else here, it isnt worth arguing about.
 Smiley

www.MoveEarth.org

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2010, 09:17:46 PM »

I said before there might be more than meets the eye with this. still under investigation hmmmm?

I give them a lot of credit for being awakened in the middle of the night, to heavy smoke and fire, and being able to get the engine out of the house and fight the fire - in the middle of Winter and a blizzard to boot. (I only worked out of Dundalk one time when I was detailed there as a Lieut.). Indications are that the fire originated in the Medic Unit.

I wouldn't go so far as to giving them awards, after all, it is their job.
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2010, 09:22:59 PM »

I wouldn't go so far as to giving them awards, after all, it is their job.
It's for the quick response time,  Grin

- John Wayne
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »

Well, im not gonna speculate in what may have happened. Im happy everyone is ok....and if giving a medal back to someone who may or may not of deserved it.....brings some good spirit back to that house and the town for the lose....well, its all good to me!

www.MoveEarth.org

in·teg·ri·ty   
mdjohn

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2010, 09:29:40 PM »

It's for the quick response time,  Grin

that's good  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

ya get an atta boy for that ---- LOL  laugh laugh
Fishbonzs
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 10:18:27 PM »

Potomac River Crab Advisory Committee

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up