April 19, 2014, 11:10:35 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More great news from o"MEGA" protien and Menhaden  (Read 3908 times)
Fishbonzs
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 10:21:22 PM »

Potomac River Crab Advisory Committee
Fishbonzs
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 10:21:46 PM »

Fishbonzs
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 10:24:12 PM »

Brand new pumper from Rosenbauer...$650,000.00....Yet to be placed in service....Fire started in the Medic unit next to the pumper...Thats why you only see 1/2 a pumper

Fishbonzs
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 10:25:27 PM »

The above pic is the medic unit

genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2010, 10:30:23 PM »

MAN!! That sux..
Fishbonzs
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »

Didn't mean to jack this thread, BUT since  were talking about the fire & I have some friends there, I thought I would share..,

BTW.....CCA SUKS!!!

jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »

That's the thing I fear.  Fire.  We had a house fire on Xmas Eve 1968. Left me, Mom and Dad, on the street with only the clothes or our backs.

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2010, 11:00:35 AM »

I lost mine in 87,I was at home when the power went out with a pop and had a handline on it in 7 minutes and still lost over half the trailor.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
Mikie

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »

Everybody gives me a hard time for not leaving the house if the dishwasher, washer or dryer is running - and for making sure that recessed lights, coffee pot, etc. are turned off. I just tell 'em when you've seen all of the damage I've seen from fires, just from careless mistakes or just plain being lazy, you'll understand! Cool
mdjohn

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2010, 11:38:22 AM »

Everybody gives me a hard time for not leaving the house if the dishwasher, washer or dryer is running - and for making sure that recessed lights, coffee pot, etc. are turned off. I just tell 'em when you've seen all of the damage I've seen from fires, just from careless mistakes or just plain being lazy, you'll understand! Cool

CANDLES are the curse of home fires.

IMHO only stupid people use free standing candles. My req'ments are they are in glass higher than the candle with a base greater that 3 inches and only in a room with a person in them at all times.

friend had a fire. Her daughter had a lit candle in her basement bedroom. She went upstairs to get a coke. when she returned - the bedroom was was on fire - burnt all the way thru to the 2nd floor roof- the house was gutted

they don't know how it happened -- well dah, the candle  Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:34:38 PM by mdjohn » Logged
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2010, 12:22:04 PM »

Finding the cause of a fire is not an exact science. unless you know it was intentionally started.  Very often a cause will be labeled because it was the most likely origin.(not officially)     Electrical is a big one as is smoking in bed.  yes candles(even enclosed) are up there to.
Dreampixels
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »

Cows and Lanterns don't mix either

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan

"Because I walk only in my shoes I enjoy Controversy. It allows me to view the minds and souls of others." Dreampixels

Extremist think "Communication" means agreeing with them. Leo Rosten
phillyfireman
Lifetime Member

love crabbing and elk hunting

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2010, 12:53:44 PM »

so the story goes Smiley Grin     I personally think there  was a second shooter  Grin
Dreampixels
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2010, 12:57:45 PM »

At the least 2.........I never did or will buy that story......too many dead loose ends to quickly.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan

"Because I walk only in my shoes I enjoy Controversy. It allows me to view the minds and souls of others." Dreampixels

Extremist think "Communication" means agreeing with them. Leo Rosten
CaptMoose
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »

"Omega's Landry said: "I don't think because of our donations these guys are going to uniformly follow what we say. . . . They look at the science."

Just read this thread for the 1st time.  Doesn't the wording of the quote above infer that Omega's lobbying conflicts with the biologists?  It certainly doesn't hint that Omega is concerned with the science.

To me it sounds like, "We tell them one thing and then the pols have to mix in some science too."

I wonder what Omega's stand on sustaining the fishery is?  Or do they just want to be left to harvest at will so long as the E. Coast fishery as a whole is healthy?

Localized bunker depletion will have damaging effects on the rest of the local ecosystem.

(856) 975-1787   captmoosecrabgear@gmail.com
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2010, 10:27:17 PM »

Well the Feds say the science is good and the fishery is not overfished.That statement says it all to those of us who see fishery's declared over fished by the Feds all the time when they are not,if there was any way possable to fudge on the numbers more than they already have they would do so very quickly.NOAA and NMFS would love nothing better than to declare every US fishery over fished so they could yell for a bigger budget than the Defence Dept gets to spread around to PEW,EDF and others like them.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home