October 31, 2014, 09:40:24 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Galveston area need some help!  (Read 1385 times)
ihatemosquitoes

Ignore
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:38:45 PM »

hello everybody! I used to crab a lot with my family but havent gone since I have entered the real world. I love to fish and crab but i dont remember any of the spots we used to go to. I remember visiting seawolf many a time but i dont remember crabbing there. Soo my gf and i ventured out to galveston island as well as the east end off of boddecker rd. for some crabbing but no crabs were caught (hermit crab overload). She is a hair stylist who is super feminine and i wouldve never imagined to have found crabbing as one our common interests (She freaking loves it). Anyhow long story short I am seeking a good crabbing spot in galveston as she already booked a hotel this comin weekend and would be ever so appreciative to some sort of direction or even a personal spot that could yield me some good bonding time with my gf maybe fiance and some good ol' eating. thanks!

-alex

CraigFos

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:15:45 PM »

Welcome to the site.  There are several locations around the Island to crab.  Seawolf park is one.  When I still lived on the Island, I used to crab at the from the rock groins around 50th street. If you are staying at a hotel on the Seawall, you should be able to walk across the street to one.  There are also salt water ponds located on the north side of the Island or on the Mainland just north of the causeway. 

Enjoy your stay on the Island.

Craig
Life's a beach and then it erodes.
ihatemosquitoes

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 05:28:48 PM »

thanks i appreciate your input!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home