October 22, 2014, 11:43:29 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to crab in or around Panama City, Fl.  (Read 6571 times)
Eric

« on: June 17, 2005, 09:41:19 PM »

My family and I are currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan and we will be visting Fl. this summer. My 10yr. old son loves to crab. I just don't know where to take him. If you know of any areas close to Panama City please let me know. We are staying around Seacrest  Beach. Look forward to hearing from you! Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 10:02:03 PM by CRABGUY » Logged
hoth2o

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 07:56:58 AM »

St. Andrews State Recreation Area Has two piers and jettys that are fine for crabbing.  You will also get stone crab off the jetty.  Good luck!

"Waterfront camping makes St. Andrews State Recreation Area an Attractive destination spot on Florida's northwest coast.

This 1,260-acre park offers camping, swimming, snorkelling and extensive fishing opportunities for the active park visitor. Two fishing piers, the jetties and the convenient boat ramp provide many fishing opportunities. Picnic sites are available in several locations on the Gulf beach and Grand Lagoon.

A nature trail leads through a number of plant communities where visitors may encounter waading birds, alligators and many small animals.

St. Andrews State Recreation Area is located three miles east of Panama City Beach, off of Thomas Drive.

Contact: St. Andrews State Recreation Area, 4415 Thomas Drive, Panama City, FL 32408; (850) 233-5140."
DocSmith

Proud of what I stand for; Careful what I fall for

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 11:06:54 AM »

Eric -

Several years ago I crabbed off the seawall (rings and traps) at the northwest end of the Hathaway Bridge (Hwy 98) with good results.  There has been some construction around there so I don't know if you can get to the water - but I'm not a PC local.  In Florida, Stone Crab season is closed from May 15 through Oct 15, so throw 'em back if you catch any.   If you crab from shore you'll be OK, but if you are in a boat, you'll need a saltwater fishing license.  If you don't catch enough on your on, drive east from the Hathaway bridge on 98 about 5 miles to Buddy Gandy's near Beck ave. just past Howell's Tackle shop on the left and pick some out for $1.99 a lb ( thanks to CrabCruncher)

Doc sunny
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 11:16:17 AM by DocSmith » Logged

The Cruelest Creature's the Crab, with Pinchers that can Cut you and Stab! And Then, when you Dine on Crab and White Wine, it's Murder when you Pick Up The Tab!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home