October 23, 2014, 01:51:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabbing in St Johns River  (Read 6546 times)
budmaster

Ignore
« on: July 02, 2005, 10:57:25 PM »

What are the blue crab trapping rules for the lower St Johns river?  I have heard others say that since the St Johns is considered fresh water river, the trapping rules listed in http://myfwc.com/marine/recreational/recbluecrab.htm do not apply, especially the license requirement.  Is there any truth to this?
lockman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:23:57 AM »

According to FWC, Blue Crab is  a Saltwater species, a Saltwater Recreational License is required to take blue crab.  All other regulations regarding Blue Crabbing in Florida follow that regulation.  Hope this helps.
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »

Good answer but I do hope he found out by now as it's been 6 years since he asked.

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
budmaster

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »

It may have been six years, but at least there was an answer.  None of the Lifetime members replied.
Dreampixels
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 11:57:10 PM »

Grin

I wish to die like my father did, in his sleep unlike the screaming passengers aboard the plane he was piloting.

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan

"Because I walk only in my shoes I enjoy Controversy. It allows me to view the minds and souls of others." Dreampixels

Extremist think "Communication" means agreeing with them. Leo Rosten

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home