April 21, 2014, 05:35:44 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr. Breeze  (Read 1194 times)
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »

Rich, congratulations on your new appointment.  Could you please let those of us that are independents know your thoughts on what has already been discussed at the previous meetings, i.e. GPS, Drug Testing, % of income, etc.

Since the other at large seat went to someone who is a MWA and Baltimore County active memeber, you're the only voice that the independent waterman has.

Thanks,
Slayer

CATCH SHARES, Nothing more than PRIVITIZING a PUBLIC RESOURCE.
reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 02:29:01 PM »

They decided that old people who don't wear shirts have to go.

You are the 1st to go..... Grin
Crabslayer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:04:36 PM »

I work very hard for that physique I'll have you know.  Angry laugh  I haven't found a young one who can keep up with me yet.  Ray keeps asking for a chance but I don't want to deflate the young buck's ego.  Cool

Mr. Ray III
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 05:23:01 PM »

I work very hard for that physique I'll have you know.  Angry laugh  I haven't found a young one who can keep up with me yet.  Ray keeps asking for a chance but I don't want to deflate the young buck's ego.  Cool

Listen old man, I'd run you into the ground.   Kiss  I'll leave it at that, this will get off topic way too fast, but know this, anytime, anywhere, I'll beat you runnin pots.   Grin

(╮-)╮︵┳━┳ ( ╯□)╯ ┻━┻
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »

Listen old man, I'd run you into the ground.   Kiss  I'll leave it at that, this will get off topic way too fast, but know this, anytime, anywhere, I'll beat you runnin pots.   Grin

Leave the Old Man alone Ray............. Wink
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

QUEEN CHARLOTTE ISLANDS, BC CANADA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »

Old people that don't wear shirts serve a very valuable purpose.  Their photos are used on bottles  of toxic substances, next to the words:  In case of accidental injestion, induce vomiting by looking here:   laugh laugh laugh
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 05:45:50 PM by CrabShack » Logged

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 04:00:48 AM »

Rich, congratulations on your new appointment.  Could you please let those of us that are independents know your thoughts on what has already been discussed at the previous meetings, i.e. GPS, Drug Testing, % of income, etc.

Since the other at large seat went to someone who is a MWA and Baltimore County active memeber, you're the only voice that the independent waterman has.

Thanks,
Slayer

As soon as they update the design team website,  I will start a discussion thread about what is supposed to be worked on at the November meeting.  The idea, I think, is to come up with a basic plan of how we can improve accountability in the blue crab fishery.  GPS, and VMS are likely to be hot topics, as well as Hail programs, centralized check in stations, Daily real time reporting and other ideas.

You ask about my feelings on certain matters.  I will discuss those as they come up in the process, and will ask for thoughts and opinions of unaffiliated watermen.  I am your representative, and, as such, will carry your opinions, thoughts and ideas to the table, regardless of what I personally think

I encourage all license holders to participate, so that we can come as close as possible to finding something that is tolerable for everyone

Blue Crab Industry Advisory Committee
Tidal Fish Advisory Commission
Crabslayer

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 01:13:04 PM »

As soon as they update the design team website,  I will start a discussion thread about what is supposed to be worked on at the November meeting.  The idea, I think, is to come up with a basic plan of how we can improve accountability in the blue crab fishery.  GPS, and VMS are likely to be hot topics, as well as Hail programs, centralized check in stations, Daily real time reporting and other ideas.

You ask about my feelings on certain matters.  I will discuss those as they come up in the process, and will ask for thoughts and opinions of unaffiliated watermen.  I am your representative, and, as such, will carry your opinions, thoughts and ideas to the table, regardless of what I personally think

I encourage all license holders to participate, so that we can come as close as possible to finding something that is tolerable for everyone

Rich, I'll tell you straight up.  I don't like anything that they brought to the table.  The whole thing is a JOKE!  We have enough restrictions on us as it is.

Ray, I've seen you move...trees grow faster!  Kiss

rdbeard

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 03:34:12 PM »

GPS, don't make sence, we already post our day off on your lic. and boat and as far as i know there's no retsriction as to where i'm aloud to crab withn the excetion of fed. waters so why trac me. trac the [dang] law breaker who have been convicted or plead guilty to oyster beds that are off limits. Drug test,really, any conviction would or could already give the state legal right to revoke my lic. how often does it happen? is there areason besides kissen the citizens and the states asses to make them feel like we are honorable people, F um. % of income, none of thier [dang] bussiness, when they start payin my bills then they can look at my income. what it boils down to is dnr wants a way to control the overall catch to sustain the fishery and the things they are talking about at these meetings don't have a [dang] thing to do with that, it's big brother- dnr and the good old boy network- mwa trying to force out the little guys when the crabs we catch don't add up to a hill of beans comparded to the catch rate of the full time big operations. f them all, sorry for the rant.
Crabslayer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 04:19:02 PM »

Don't be sorry for the rant. There are many more like you who feel the same way.  Wink

reds
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 04:48:52 PM »

GPS, don't make sence, we already post our day off on your lic. and boat and as far as i know there's no retsriction as to where i'm aloud to crab withn the excetion of fed. waters so why trac me. trac the [dang] law breaker who have been convicted or plead guilty to oyster beds that are off limits. Drug test,really, any conviction would or could already give the state legal right to revoke my lic. how often does it happen? is there areason besides kissen the citizens and the states asses to make them feel like we are honorable people, F um. % of income, none of thier [dang] bussiness, when they start payin my bills then they can look at my income. what it boils down to is dnr wants a way to control the overall catch to sustain the fishery and the things they are talking about at these meetings don't have a [dang] thing to do with that, it's big brother- dnr and the good old boy network- mwa trying to force out the little guys when the crabs we catch don't add up to a hill of beans comparded to the catch rate of the full time big operations. f them all, sorry for the rant.

The only real thing DNR wants, is to reduce the amount of licenses.

I have attended 6 of the 8 meetings and the main thing coming from DNR is latent effort and the amount of lying that goes on when filing the reports.

In meeting #1 or 2, a gentleman sitting on the committee suggested that DNR make and pass a regulation that they wouldn't take any licenses if there was no crab harvest on the license. He thought this would stop the elevated numbers on the filed reports.

Last week, meeting #8 and the latent effort was still being brought up by DNR. And the suggestion of a non taking of licenses still being ignored by DNR.

I guess DNR thinks everyone is stupid.

At one of the meetings DNR reveled that they are holding back a percentage (as reserve) of the allowable catch because of latent effort and that they would include the percentage back in if the latent effort was addressed. Dangle a piece of bait (money) and see who comes over to DNR's way of thinking?

For those holding a LCC and don't know.
There is a great number of watermen who have crabbing licenses but do other things instead. Finfish fishing, clamming, eeling and running a charter boat are a few that comes to mind. A few sit on this committee and looking out for their self will help the latent effort situation.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:51:08 PM by reds » Logged
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 07:54:30 AM »

The only real thing DNR wants, is to reduce the amount of licenses.

I have attended 6 of the 8 meetings and the main thing coming from DNR is latent effort and the amount of lying that goes on when filing the reports.

In meeting #1 or 2, a gentleman sitting on the committee suggested that DNR make and pass a regulation that they wouldn't take any licenses if there was no crab harvest on the license. He thought this would stop the elevated numbers on the filed reports.

Last week, meeting #8 and the latent effort was still being brought up by DNR. And the suggestion of a non taking of licenses still being ignored by DNR.

I guess DNR thinks everyone is stupid.

At one of the meetings DNR reveled that they are holding back a percentage (as reserve) of the allowable catch because of latent effort and that they would include the percentage back in if the latent effort was addressed. Dangle a piece of bait (money) and see who comes over to DNR's way of thinking?

For those holding a LCC and don't know.
There is a great number of watermen who have crabbing licenses but do other things instead. Finfish fishing, clamming, eeling and running a charter boat are a few that comes to mind. A few sit on this committee and looking out for their self will help the latent effort situation.

This whole dog and pony show has been nothing but about taking away the LCC licenses in my opinion.  What LCC can afford or willing to spend $3k on a GPS unit or any of the other ideas that has been thrown around.  I dont think anyone other than a LCC holder will be looking out for the LCC license holder and the reason why there should be a full time member on the board for each class of license.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 08:17:41 AM »

This whole dog and pony show has been nothing but about taking away the LCC licenses in my opinion.  What LCC can afford or willing to spend $3k on a GPS unit or any of the other ideas that has been thrown around.  I dont think anyone other than a LCC holder will be looking out for the LCC license holder and the reason why there should be a full time member on the board for each class of license.

Actually, I fully intend to look out for the little guys.  I'm disappointed that an LCC license holder was not elected to the design team.  Had the other at large seat gone to a non affiliated license holder, and the 2nd runnerup been an LCC holder, I would have stepped aside.  It is just as important that independents be represented, however, and that would not be the case if I stepped aside

Summertop
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 09:18:14 AM »

Actually, I fully intend to look out for the little guys.  I'm disappointed that an LCC license holder was not elected to the design team.  Had the other at large seat gone to a non affiliated license holder, and the 2nd runnerup been an LCC holder, I would have stepped aside.  It is just as important that independents be represented, however, and that would not be the case if I stepped aside

So this is a total change from the first go round of cuts for LATENT EFFORT that the LCC license class took, when you didn't want any latent large licenses touched and were willing to let anyone with an LCC that had small catches be cut before large latent licenses with NO CATCHES..   The fact that you don't hold the license class in question, when push comes to shove your true colors will shine through again.  Please with the I am for the little guy thing... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes It is a shame that no one with an LCC was able to obtain a seat, but now they will be dealt the same hand that was delt to them the first go around and no one including yourself is going to sacrafice your license class before handing it to the little guy to avoid any penalties or cuts for your license which is fine it is a dog eat dog world, but don't sugar coat your intent.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:20:23 AM by Summertop » Logged
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 09:41:03 AM »

So this is a total change from the first go round of cuts for LATENT EFFORT that the LCC license class took, when you didn't want any latent large licenses touched and were willing to let anyone with an LCC that had small catches be cut before large latent licenses with NO CATCHES..   The fact that you don't hold the license class in question, when push comes to shove your true colors will shine through again.  Please with the I am for the little guy thing... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes It is a shame that no one with an LCC was able to obtain a seat, but now they will be dealt the same hand that was delt to them the first go around and no one including yourself is going to sacrafice your license class before handing it to the little guy to avoid any penalties or cuts for your license which is fine it is a dog eat dog world, but don't sugar coat your intent.

John,  I was not involved in fisheries management when these cuts and freezes took place.  In fact, they were part of the reason that I pursued a TFAC commission.  In fact, at several meetings this year, and in more than a few private conversations, I urged DNR to keep thier promise of unfreezing licenses when the pop. was above the target for 3 consecutive years.  This year ws the 3rd.  And it is a shame that an LCC didnot get an at large seat.  I am fully infavor of one being on the team.  Everyone had an opportunity to cast a vote, but only 250 did.
My true colors are to look out for the guys that don't belong to the associations, and my guess is that, as in the entire industry, the majority of those are LCC license holders

ps....If you look at harvest reports for the licenses like mine, you will see that I am a little guy.  My honest reports are limited in size by my personal requirement of quality premium crabs
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:45:09 AM by Mr. Breeze » Logged

rock n crab

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 03:55:53 PM »

I hear alot of talk about the want/need to reduce the number of LCC licenses out there yet DNR is still giving out apprentice permits.....

20' SeaMark CC 90HP Honda

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home