April 23, 2014, 02:59:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Time For Me (with pic)  (Read 4723 times)
big dave

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2011, 04:49:51 PM »

Thanks for the information!
Ravendave
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »

I have never set out to try to kill these but when they broke out of a hedgerow about 50 yards away, it only took a split second to determine that they needed to be eliminated from the area. I was sorta suprised when the first one folded with the first shot. I was really suprised when the second one went end over end with the second shot. After the first shot and seeing his brother bite the dirt, the second one found a higher gear...it wasn't quite high enough though...... Grin. I now know that coyotes don't like sluggers......

I'll be sure to leave my dog at home the next time I visit. Grin Grin Grin

Snoodlines made to order and built to last
Dreampixels
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2011, 12:16:47 AM »

Word has it, they were released on APG to help cull the deer......yeah, that didnt work! Roll Eyes

The same rumor has been here in Pa also for years - game commission was said to have planted them here. However now because of viewing this thread it may appear to be the workings of the Mexican border and the NAACP.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:51:41 AM by Dreampixels » Logged

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan

"Because I walk only in my shoes I enjoy Controversy. It allows me to view the minds and souls of others." Dreampixels

Extremist think "Communication" means agreeing with them. Leo Rosten
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

trips 13 Bu.- 18 Biggest 8 1/8"

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2011, 07:03:06 AM »

what did you do with thewm? watch the youtube vids on air skinning ...kinda like the cleaning of snapping turtles....kinda neat Wink

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »

what did you do with thewm? watch the youtube vids on air skinning ...kinda like the cleaning of snapping turtles....kinda neat Wink
One had some mange so I just skinned it's head and kept the skull. The other went to a guy that was hunting with us that is a wanna be taxidermist. He is gonna try to mount it. I told him all I wanted was the skull so that I could beetle clean them next spring. I was gonna skin them and tan the hides but they smelled almost as bad as a skunk.
jrccrab
Lifetime Member

Crabbing, Oh yeah!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »

The same rumor has been here in Pa also for years - game commission was said to have planted them here. However now because of viewing this thread it may appear to be the workings of the Mexican border and the NAACP.
Also heard that rumor from an old hunting buddy that actually saw them in the act of releasing them in Northern Pa. bout 15 years ago.  Huh
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2011, 11:29:24 AM »

I'll be sure to leave my dog at home the next time I visit. Grin Grin Grin

Dave, Dave , Dave......it's not me that you need to worry about having your dog around...... laugh laugh laugh laugh
Dreampixels
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2011, 11:37:09 AM »

There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.    Marshall McLuhan

"Because I walk only in my shoes I enjoy Controversy. It allows me to view the minds and souls of others." Dreampixels

Extremist think "Communication" means agreeing with them. Leo Rosten
shedking
Lifetime Member

Countdown to Wyeapolooza

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2011, 12:41:39 PM »

Better be careful or they may soon allow those yotes to vote.  There goes the neighborhood.

“Be thankful for your allotment in an imperfect world.  Though better circumstances can be imagined, far worse are nearer misses than you probably care to realize.”

― Richelle E. Goodrich
Stevo
Lifetime Member

It's all fun and games 'til someone gets steamed!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2011, 12:54:09 PM »

Im just glad you took the collars off before you shot the pictures!!!  Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!
Ravendave
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2011, 02:47:17 PM »

Dave, Dave , Dave......it's not me that you need to worry about having your dog around...... laugh laugh laugh laugh

I could just see it now- you'd see my dog and in your split second decision making think it's a coyote.  That would be all she wrote!!! Grin Grin Grin

Snoodlines made to order and built to last
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2011, 05:43:42 PM »

Im just glad you took the collars off before you shot the pictures!!!  Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin
Yeah, that would have upset the neighbors  laugh laugh laugh laugh
crabbywaters
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2011, 09:09:57 PM »

o man.. This is getting ugly  laugh

I wish i was a crab.
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2011, 10:10:21 PM »

This aint Montana, guys. Yeah, they eat fox, and cats....but they also kill dogs and eat just about anything they can get into. Aside from killers, they are scavangers and will soon turn its attention away from hard kills like deer to more easier ones, such as your dogs or livestock.

Even regarding deer, they dont take down mature bucks or does, they attack fawns......tearing em apart while they're still alive.......think you can handle watching that in a field while your taking your family to the outlets to do some Christmas shopping?
I beg to differ on that one, i didnt see it with my own eyes but have found carcases with chewed through/shattered bones that were 90 pounds or better with their horns knocked off and lying a few feet away. That was last year though and havent seen anything like it since. Where were you hunting at KI. Nice kill!
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2011, 10:15:13 PM »

I beg to differ on that one, i didnt see it with my own eyes but have found carcases with chewed through/shattered bones that were 90 pounds or better with their horns knocked off and lying a few feet away. That was last year though and havent seen anything like it since. Where were you hunting at KI. Nice kill!

Your right, LS......I should have worded my post more carefully. More often than not, mature deer are not their intended target...but the fact that you can atest to coyotes taken larget bucks...makes me not want em here even more!

www.MoveEarth.org

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:41 AM »

I killed them just outside of Hereford in Baltimore County.
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2011, 10:54:15 AM »

Your right, LS......I should have worded my post more carefully. More often than not, mature deer are not their intended target...but the fact that you can atest to coyotes taken larget bucks...makes me not want em here even more!
Thats exactly the way I feel, someone mentioned that they may have some wolf in them in one of their comments and I believe they are right. The book that PA issues with their hunting liscenses last year had a large article about it. The one my uncle shot two years ago was a small one, kinda shocked to see pics of those larger ones. We hunt in Parkton so I guess we will have to keep an eye out for them.
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2011, 11:12:08 AM »

Thats exactly the way I feel, someone mentioned that they may have some wolf in them in one of their comments and I believe they are right. The book that PA issues with their hunting liscenses last year had a large article about it. The one my uncle shot two years ago was a small one, kinda shocked to see pics of those larger ones. We hunt in Parkton so I guess we will have to keep an eye out for them.
They are definitely in Parkton. One of the guys that hunts with us lives there and has heard them on several occasions. I'm hoping that we have some snow and a full moon this winter. I will be taking to the fields with a rifle and caller.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 12:58:57 PM by KI Crabber » Logged
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2011, 12:55:59 PM »

Sounds like something good to do after deer season ends.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2011, 01:03:12 PM »

Sounds like something good to do after deer season ends.

trap em!

www.MoveEarth.org

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2011, 01:21:32 PM »

I don't have the time or $$$ to get into trapping right now. If I can get there at night a few times, hopefully I can get a shot at 'em.....
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »

Make sure you have a "furbearer's" permit.....5 dollar stamp

www.MoveEarth.org

in·teg·ri·ty   
flounderpounder
Lifetime Member

trips 13 Bu.- 18 Biggest 8 1/8"

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2011, 04:10:27 PM »

dont need them in PA for shooting them..all other furbearers you do however...yotes are 24/7/365

" I CAN SKIN A BUCK, I CAN RUN A TROT LINE A PA BOY CAN SURVIVE" 

"YOU CAN LOVE ME OR HATE ME, BUT WHEN YOU HATE ME, YOU LOVE TO HATE ME "Wink
KI Crabber

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2011, 04:31:58 PM »

dont need them in PA for shooting them..all other furbearers you do however...yotes are 24/7/365
Chris, I started getting the furbearer's stamp for both my son and myself the year before the classes were mandated so that I was grandfathered in.

FP....In PA they are 24/7/365 except during spring gobbler during the daylight til noon portion of the season....correct?
lone sailor

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »

Ever think about just baiting them?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home