April 20, 2014, 10:13:27 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First time early season PAX  (Read 996 times)
allmuckmojo

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2012, 03:11:27 PM »

So it will be the first time that i dont wait around until june/july to crab the PAX.  Anyone have any advice as the area i should stick to, Im thinking right down there in broomes island area where the warmer water is.
Cokie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »

They could be there. or over there, maybe even over there..... throw down a line and see.

"There are three species of creatures who when they seem coming are going, when they seem going they come: diplomats, women, and crabs."
This Old Crab

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 05:25:23 AM »

Could be over here...  but then again wait over there too.   Now I'm confused.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 10:37:01 AM »

good luck , never know untill you give it a shot

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Cokie

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »

I was over there yesterday.... half bushel

"There are three species of creatures who when they seem coming are going, when they seem going they come: diplomats, women, and crabs."
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:12:27 AM »

I was over there yesterday.... half bushel

Pics?  I keep hearing of the great catches but seems no one was willing to take a pic?   Grin Grin Grin

Not a sole in the areas I was in had over 10 crabs and not a bushel between 15 boats.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Cokie

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »

I forgot the camera..... btw, theres no crabs on the pax

metallica81186

Get Er Done!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »

where do you keep hearing reports of great catches? all the ones i read were not anywhere near good..i actually went myself and caught 0(not even a baby). stuck to fishing and that worked well
allmuckmojo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012, 08:31:55 AM »

considering it was Day 1 of the season, a half bushel would be considered pretty darn good compared to your 0
metallica81186

Get Er Done!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 12:46:29 PM »

well im basing it off all the the reports that say zilch or nothing..I didnt see that half bushel part, but if someone caught a half bushel on april 1st why wouldnt they of taken pics so I'm with crabbyd on this one. The water was still in the low 50's that day and not a crab to be seen..maybe today will produce some better results being warmer for people
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:48:29 PM by metallica81186 » Logged
allmuckmojo

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012, 12:54:48 PM »

well im basing it off all the the reports that say zilch or nothing..I didnt see that half bushel part, but if someone caught a half bushel on april 1st why wouldnt they of taken pics so I'm with crabbyd on this one. The water was still in the low 50's that day and not a crab to be seen..maybe today will produce some better results being warmer for people

Depending where you were, we drove around checking water temps finding the warmer areas to crab.  when we got out it was very slow, 2 keepers each run after 4 runs at 56 degrees, around 2pm the temps hit about 57.5 and the activity picked up, we ended up with 40 keepers.  got off the water with final temp at 58.5
metallica81186

Get Er Done!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »

Depending where you were, we drove around checking water temps finding the warmer areas to crab.  when we got out it was very slow, 2 keepers each run after 4 runs at 56 degrees, around 2pm the temps hit about 57.5 and the activity picked up, we ended up with 40 keepers.  got off the water with final temp at 58.5

good job that's how it happens in the fall when it hits that warmest part of the afternoon it picks up.  did they have any mud on their shells? just wondering
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »

and a valid pic of your catch  Smiley

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
allmuckmojo

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »

yes to the muddy shells, a few of them no, most of them looked as if they just came out from the mud

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home