December 04, 2021, 11:19:17 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chincoteague Area, Saturday the 16th  (Read 534 times)
charlietuna

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2021, 03:53:05 PM »

Never post in VA forum because I always drive from Chincoteague area to Crisfield to crab.  This time, because of the friggin' wind, I stayed near home and crabbed up a protected creek on the mainland side.  25 open top traps with necks and a little crab attractant marinade on the necks.  Started in 6 - 8 ft of water, and the unusual high tide falling had the water ripping, H2O @ 72 degrees.  My son and I worked hard to boat 6 crabs in three hours.  We moved around too, and not much difference.  Made a decision to try back further in the creek, still 6 - 8 ft and bingo...we started picking up keepers regularly.  After killing ourselves for 3 hours in the wind for six keepers, we ended up getting 32 more back up the creek in about 2 hours.  Makes sense to move if things aren't working out.  Sorry, no pics, but most were the typically smallish for the high salt at about 5 1/4 - 6 1/2", but nice and full.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 06:42:05 PM »

6.5 is a big crab here... But we'll catch right up to closing day Dec. 1.......

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
LoveDemBlues

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 03:58:27 PM »

thanks for great report, glad your perserverence payed off, packed and sweet is better at eating time than huge jumbos

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home