November 28, 2021, 10:40:40 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pigs feet for Crab Bait?  (Read 257 times)
CrabbingPiers

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2021, 03:40:25 PM »

I was watching the cooking channel, and they showed a commercial crabber using Pigs Feet for Stone Crab traps in the Florida Keys.   Has anyone used Pigs Feet for Blue Crabs in the Chesapeake Bay with success or lack of success?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 07:36:04 PM by CrabbingPiers » Logged
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 06:21:53 PM »

I was watching the cooking channel, and they showed a commercial crabber using Pigs Feet for Rock Crab traps in the Florida Keys.   Has anyone used Pigs Feet for Blue Crabs in the Chesapeake Bay with success or lack of success?

These are the same people who remodel an entire house in four days, for 1/3 the cost, and sell it for three times the value, in six days on market nonetheless. I would go with "no" on the pigs feet, as well as on the HGTV nonsense.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 06:39:43 PM »

I was watching the cooking channel, and they showed a commercial crabber using Pigs Feet for Rock Crab traps in the Florida Keys.   Has anyone used Pigs Feet for Blue Crabs in the Chesapeake Bay with success or lack of success?
I used a rack of ribs once. They didn't smell right when I open the package. Pot was jammed full of crabs.  Smiley

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
KC_Jones
Lifetime Member

KC Wright

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 01:37:22 PM »

These are the same people who remodel an entire house in four days, for 1/3 the cost, and sell it for three times the value, in six days on market nonetheless. I would go with "no" on the pigs feet, as well as on the HGTV nonsense.

Six days?  Come on, it's same day and they get 12,000 offers all well over the asking price.  I like some of the cooking shows on other channels, but HGTV, for the most part, is garbage.
Wallco99
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 05:40:12 PM »

Six days?  Come on, it's same day and they get 12,000 offers all well over the asking price.  I like some of the cooking shows on other channels, but HGTV, for the most part, is garbage.

I was giving the pig feet SOMEWHAT of a chance, but you just ripped all that away.   laugh laugh

Harford Crabber
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 08:27:32 PM »

In a different time  (1970s) I would see pickled pigs feet in gallon jars sitting on the bars of places I frequented back then.  I never drank "quite enuf" to eat one but some people loved em...   Bettin those pigs feet will work better for bait if they're NOT pickled!

I love to fish, but I live to crab.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home