July 01, 2022, 06:51:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 recreational management changes  (Read 1121 times)
Crabslayer
Supporting Member

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2022, 07:21:24 AM »

Option 3   1 bushel per boat.
Add in; No females to be taken by commercial.

That's the problem in Russia.  More women than men.  Not enough men.  It's called Biology.

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
Crabslayer
Supporting Member

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2022, 07:23:38 AM »

Shut up Brian.   Grin laugh

I heard the next BCA party is at your place and you're providing all the steamed crabs and fried soft crabs.  Grin

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
lucecreek crabber

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2022, 11:11:28 AM »

That's the problem in Russia.  More women than men.  Not enough men.  It's called Biology.

You probably don't hunt in America. They did this with deer and look what happened. The dream life for every male  Grin
ranger521
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2022, 06:50:55 PM »

I would not mind closing the season from october 13 this seems to be the best of the worst.  I would also like to see a huge limit on keeping females too.  At least for 2-3 seasons to study what would happen.  I hope this dont get some people mad, but I did see a photo of someone with a considerable amount of bushels of females on board and I have to say It made  me pretty sick. Remember I don't want to make anyone mad but as long as we are trying to do crab management..... I keep my fingers crossed that a bunch of people dont jump on my jugular for typing this but.....we will see.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
ranger521
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2022, 06:58:22 PM »

Below are the options the department is considering for the remainder of the 2022 recreational crabbing season in the Chesapeake Bay and its tidal tributaries.

These changes would NOT affect recreational crabbing in the Atlantic Ocean, the coastal bays, or (coastal) their tributaries.

Question though.  what is the difference between the two statements. 

ranger521
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2022, 07:57:25 PM »

Has there been a final word yet on any changes.
SlickCam

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2022, 07:31:28 AM »

No official announcement on anything yet, but based on the regulations that passed on the commercial side I'd just assume it will be a 1 bushel limit per boat and a season closure Nov 30th.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2022, 08:23:04 AM »

I heard the next BCA party is at your place and you're providing all the steamed crabs and fried soft crabs.  Grin
There are no crabs in Virginia.   Grin

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
rdbeard
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2022, 11:29:52 AM »

well 7 days till july 1 st and still no notice of what the comm or rec regs will be for sure. i know what the bcac suggested to the state but will they do that??? and all comm have to figure out a game plan for the holiday weekend as well as the recs.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home