July 01, 2022, 05:17:36 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Topsail sound June 15, 17 2022  (Read 227 times)
saxon4646

Ignore
« on: June 20, 2022, 01:40:19 PM »

Set out the same 8 pots as last trip and made 4 pulls approx 12 hours apart. Ended up catching a total of 90 crabs with an even 40 keepers. Not great by any means but probably the best I have done in the past 3 years. I pulled them out Friday morning even though I stayed until Monday ( June 20 ).  Had plenty and didn't know anyone that wanted any. Pin fish and croakers were pretty much the bait I used. May have been a couple of pig fish and spot as well. Caught only 3 stone crabs this time- all returned as the closure began June 15 for 2 months . I also caught 3 flounder- 2 would have been legal sized and 5 blowfish. Used to be just 3 years ago my total harvest would have been made in just 1 pull of the pots. On a good note- I did actually see lots of small crabs all over the place as I was fishing so I hope that is a trend. I have not caught but a precious few egg bearing females  and none this week.
LKNGreg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 08:05:37 AM »

Saxon,

Thank you for sharing.  Glad to hear you had a better catch and productive trip.  Hope the crabs tasted great. 

Best,
Greg
seabass

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 11:29:43 AM »

Thanks for the report Sax, glad the  crabbing is picking up for you.  Keep up the good work.

Greg

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home