October 01, 2022, 09:54:04 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: York River 8/8/22  (Read 449 times)
ruger77
Supporting Member

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2022, 06:52:15 PM »

Finally got out to run a line today. Started at high tide on the Yorktown side of the river and dropped in 8′. Couple keepers, but mostly smalls, sooks, and cushions.. gave it an hour and decided to move. Ran to Sarah Creek and set up in 6′ of water. Picked through keepers, doubles, sooks, smalls, and peelers for a couple hours moving the line when needed. Seemed to slow overall, so pulled up, refreshed some baits and moved to another spot around the corner. Caught most of my better crabs here getting 3 or 4 a run. Only moved once. Red tide blew in the creek and it seemed to die off so I called it.

Good day and ended up with 5 doz for the steamer and a dozen peelers for redfish later on. Tried “rolling” the line and “floating” it instead of pulling it to move. I much prefer the float method, so thanks to WadeG for mentioning that. Rolling worked, but pulling all those snoods over oyster beds was a bit sketchy. Moved quite a bit today and not having to pull it every time sure does reduce the tedium. Grin
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:03:47 PM by ruger77 » Logged
WadeG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 06:56:02 AM »

Nice basket, glad you were able to get out.

Wade

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home