September 18, 2019, 09:30:22 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fast Approaching  (Read 15176 times)
Darrell

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2004, 09:12:36 PM »

Indoe, I have a 17 ft Boston Whaler Montauk. I often launch at Sandy Point and have rode round Kent Island several times. Its about a 10 mile ride up the bay to Sandy Point from the south at Bloody Pt light.and can be hard if the winds blowing to the south. Last year I went to Dominion via
Sandy Point to crab It takes so long to get their and back so I bought a 50 dollar ramp pass Then as the crabbing really picked up along came Isabel.. The Wye ramp is not all that bad. In good years boat trailers are parked a good mile up the road but thats not been lately.  To tell the truth I would even welcome that site as it means good crabbing. People give others a lift back to their trailers and down to the ramp so its not too bad. The ramp is open all night and there will be a crowd launching at break of dawn. I useually get there about 7 AM after a 82 mile ride from Va and most people are out by then with some coming in some good years with two bushels!. Kent Narrows as mentioned is a good close place to put in. You need a county ramp permit for Kent Narrows from Queen Anne Co. 10 dollars if your from Maryland and 50 if not. The Wye also requires a permit 10 dollars for Md and 35 for others less they went to 50 too. Theres no paying for just a day. In the sum of it the price you ll pay for gas over from Sandy Pt you can buy a bunch of crabs..

Crabpop it won't be long and you and your wife will be enjoying "kay amoogo" Korean for eating crabs!
Crabpop

Home Sweet Home

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2004, 08:44:28 PM »

Crabpop it won't be long and you and your wife will be enjoying "kay amoogo" Korean for eating crabs!

Right you are, Darrell! The Louisiana guys and gals have kept us alive over the winter with some pretty good Gulf crabs, but can't wait for the locals to show up. Looked in the freezer on Sunday and only have 10 homemade jumbo crabcakes left!  With the wife, and two kids in college living at home, I may have to start a rationing system.
How's this sound:
1 for the family
2 for me
3 for the family
4 for me
---
Yep, that'll work! Grin

Crabpop

Severn, Md USA
indoe
Lifetime Member

me and the wife

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2004, 10:32:38 PM »

Sounds good to me Crabpop but don't let the wife see that post or she might steam you up.  Wink

Crabbing, Fishing and Hunting = Me happy!
CrAbBeRpEzZ

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2004, 10:37:43 PM »

;Dno i think 2 for the family 8 for u may do the trick Grin
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2004, 10:37:46 PM »

SOUNDS A LOT LIKE CRABGUYS BEER RATIONING SYSTEM Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 10:38:22 PM by CRABGUY » Logged