September 27, 2022, 10:22:06 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How late does the season go?  (Read 1341 times)
JOHN M.O.T. and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
flagg6805

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2022, 06:05:24 PM »

Hi All! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, admins please move if needed...

I live in update NY and love to go down to John C. Bartlett Park in Berkeley Twsp. to get some crabbing done. I didn't get a chance to go this summer, so I'm wondering... how late does your season go down there? Will I be able to do some crabbing still in mid-October? Up here on the Hudson River the crabbing is just starting to get good, so I have no frame of reference for how it would be down there? Any advice would be much appreciated! (I do dock/pier crabbing btw as I don't have a boat...)
teejaymuscles

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 11:20:18 PM »

Hi All! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, admins please move if needed...

I live in update NY and love to go down to John C. Bartlett Park in Berkeley Twsp. to get some crabbing done. I didn't get a chance to go this summer, so I'm wondering... how late does your season go down there? Will I be able to do some crabbing still in mid-October? Up here on the Hudson River the crabbing is just starting to get good, so I have no frame of reference for how it would be down there? Any advice would be much appreciated! (I do dock/pier crabbing btw as I don't have a boat...)

i usually crab til about christmas
crabbin paisano

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 06:18:15 PM »

Hi Flagg 505 if your going to make the effort to come down from upstate New york some people on this site dont share any use full info or send proof of their catch. No need to come here at Christmas time or Thanksgiving you can catch big rusty blue claws in good numbers from September and into October. Shallow water stays warmer in the creeks even into november. Call me a few days before coming and i will let you know exactly where to go for a good crabbing experience. Rocco 732-754-5810 i might even join you.
teejaymuscles

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 10:36:31 PM »

Hi Flagg 505 if your going to make the effort to come down from upstate New york some people on this site dont share any use full info or send proof of their catch. No need to come here at Christmas time or Thanksgiving you can catch big rusty blue claws in good numbers from September and into October. Shallow water stays warmer in the creeks even into november. Call me a few days before coming and i will let you know exactly where to go for a good crabbing experience. Rocco 732-754-5810 i might even join you.

yea crab shallow in the creeks in november.....hope your not hungry.....lolol....sure call rockhead.  Ive bushelled out in November more times than I can count.  Thanksgiving crabs??  you bet.  Some crabs will not go into the bay. but find deeper water in the rivers and pleasure bay.  Its why commercial men sometimes drag in the rivers during winter dragging season...let me know how you make out shallow in the creeks in november though!  Shallow water is the first to cool come colder weather.  Definitely look for deep mud late in the season.  Shallow can be great in august and september though.  So I say do the opposite of rocky says...yo Adrian!!
Capt. Frank
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 08:59:18 AM »

The season runs in north NJ (Navesink / Shrewsbury Rivers) to November.  Sometimes late October.  Some times Veterans Day.  Its weird as it just stops without tapering off  Tuesday 60 big rusties. That Saturday 0 with only spider crabs in the exact same spot.  The water temps in the lower 50's generally tells you the end is very near.

I don't know about the shallows.  They do react to temperature quickly.  But upwards AND DOWNWARDS temps.   Those 40 degree night temps drive them out of most places less than four feet of water.

So generally October is good in a good crab year.  November can be iffy.  The problem is October- November weather is much shittier.  The days become un-crabable with the winds. Jugging can be very tedious and fixed spot crabbing requires two good anchors not to swing all over the place. 

Hope that helps you some?

PM me is you want any spot tips?

Capt. Frank
"HEAT SEEKER"
Chief Instructor
  NJBoatingCollege.Com
  (201) 716-2883 NJ Classes
  (212) 465-3992 NY Classes
  "We teach.  NOT just read to you."

teejaymuscles

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 10:41:37 AM »

The season runs in north NJ (Navesink / Shrewsbury Rivers) to November.  Sometimes late October.  Some times Veterans Day.  Its weird as it just stops without tapering off  Tuesday 60 big rusties. That Saturday 0 with only spider crabs in the exact same spot.  The water temps in the lower 50's generally tells you the end is very near.

I don't know about the shallows.  They do react to temperature quickly.  But upwards AND DOWNWARDS temps.   Those 40 degree night temps drive them out of most places less than four feet of water.

So generally October is good in a good crab year.  November can be iffy.  The problem is October- November weather is much shittier.  The days become un-crabable with the winds. Jugging can be very tedious and fixed spot crabbing requires two good anchors not to swing all over the place.  

Hope that helps you some?

PM me is you want any spot tips?

That is a fact.....when it ends it ends suddenly.....but every year is different,,,,,i have caught Thanksgiving bushels.....and some years its over Nov 1,  I once caught a four finned tri collard spot in December

crabbin paisano

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 11:06:24 AM »

we really try to help each other on this site honesty and proof of busheling out  are not high priority for some people. This man does not have a boat and the draggers are ruining the Navesink,Tee Jay how can he possibly go into deep waters and drag for crabs. Obviously since your name is muscles the steroids have affected your thinking.as well as all the crabs you catch that are albino. Sir when you come down from upstate give me a call we can even take a ride to see Capt. Willie .You will see nice crabs DC into late october. We may even invite TJ to come and build up his credibility so we can all take photos of our catch.
fish machine

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2022, 04:05:15 PM »

Hey, Paisano Tj also caught several 3 clawed crabs and snorkels for crabs. Caught 3 dozen on a ham sandwich while tracking 5000 crabs with his sonar and let's not forget he is very good friends with Captain Kirk. also, I don't know if it's a record or not but TJ is ignored by 28 crab board members. Flagg6805 sorry to hijack your tread Crabin Paisano is spot on and if you want to catch crabs Captwille Crab is the guy to see.
Capt. Frank
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2022, 09:05:25 AM »

Look up the TJ profile you will see it's ignored by almost 30 people.    Crack pot reports abound.  A tinfoil hat wearer dropping box nets into a local sewer kind of person.  Join our ignore his posts team .  Smiley

Hey, Paisano Tj also caught several 3 clawed crabs and snorkels for crabs. Caught 3 dozen on a ham sandwich while tracking 5000 crabs with his sonar and let's not forget he is very good friends with Captain Kirk. also, I don't know if it's a record or not but TJ is ignored by 28 crab board members. Flagg6805 sorry to hijack your tread Crabin Paisano is spot on and if you want to catch crabs Captwille Crab is the guy to see.

Capt. Frank
"HEAT SEEKER"
Chief Instructor
  NJBoatingCollege.Com
  (201) 716-2883 NJ Classes
  (212) 465-3992 NY Classes
  "We teach.  NOT just read to you."
crabbin paisano

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2022, 02:47:15 PM »

How are you doing fish machine,when i first started posting on this site i thought maybe you guys were giving him a tough go until i realized if its 2 or 3people who say the same thing who knows but when 30 people are on the same page its hard to believe him. Then he started to insult  so this is the last time i will comment on a guy who uses BALONEY oh ,my bad ham for bait.

fish machine

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2022, 04:46:55 AM »

Hey Paisano I knew you would catch on to tj bs. Most people on this board are very helpful. Tjmuscles on the crab board when you make claims of catching bushels of crabs you have to back it up with pictures and real pics not some kid from Florida. You have not posted 1 real picture. TJ if you want to catch real crabs PM me and I will take you crabbing and we will take pictures until then Scotty beam me up.
fish machine

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2022, 03:31:28 PM »

First, it's not a crab race, if I come home with 2 dozen jimmy's I am happy. But come on a doctorate from the university Bombay. Post a picture of that and I will leave you alone and if you can still snorkel at 91 god bless you and my offer to take you crabbing still stands PM me.
squidly

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2022, 07:22:00 PM »

this guy is nothing but BS.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2022, 03:01:58 PM »

Look up the TJ profile you will see it's ignored by almost 30 people.    Crack pot reports abound.  A tinfoil hat wearer dropping box nets into a local sewer kind of person.  Join our ignore his posts team .  Smiley

32  Grin

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2022, 03:05:51 PM »

This topic is not going anywhere good. Locked and deleted uncrab related post.  More deletes to come.  Wink

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home