October 24, 2020, 04:48:32 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas might effect my crabbing....  (Read 13816 times)
mike2u

New London Pa.. My kids call me Mr. Krabs...

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2006, 10:47:54 AM »

As I was going to pick up my Sundays papers today I heard on the radio that the mideast conflict is going to have a major effect on gas prices soon.. They are talikng about $ 100.00 for a barrel of oil which in turn is going to make gas prices soar to $ 4.00 a gallon.. As it is I already spend easily close to $50.00 to $60.00 dollars to crab once a week. With gas at $4.00 a gallon I might not be able to crab on a weekly basis.. Not that I can't afford it, but with a family of 3 and a house to care for sometimes you have to give up something you love to take care of the people you love.. Crabbing is just a hobby for me, but if it comes down to crabbing or supporting my family you know what I have to do.. At $4.00 a gallon I know I will be spending close to $80.00 for the day crabbing and I cannot justify that... Oh well I hope it doesn't come down to that, but with whats happening around the world now adays I don't see anything helping out the gas situation. I feel for the comm's, because thats there living and probably are spending more on gas then they get for 1 bushel of crabs.. 
frankwyte4

Steam 'em if ya got 'em

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 10:52:32 AM »

well u could always compromise and pick up a a crabbing partner to help you split the costs.  I'm always looking for a crabbing partner. 

What hits you was not meant to miss you, and what misses you was not meant to hit you
mike2u

New London Pa.. My kids call me Mr. Krabs...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 10:55:14 AM »

Your right,,, Most of the time I always have someone with me,, but these gas prices are going crazy..
DTownCrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 10:56:53 AM »

well u could always compromise and pick up a a crabbing partner to help you split the costs.  I'm always looking for a crabbing partner. 

If gas gets to $4.00 a gallon that might be the answer is to seriously consider to start crab pooling. As long as the other person has a license you can get 2 bushels and split the cost, sounds reasonable enough. JMO  Smiley Smiley

Why ask WYE...MUMBO'S BABY!!
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 10:57:04 AM »

As I was going to pick up my Sundays papers today I heard on the radio that the mideast conflict is going to have a major effect on gas prices soon.. They are talikng about $ 100.00 for a barrel of oil which in turn is going to make gas prices soar to $ 4.00 a gallon.. As it is I already spend easily close to $50.00 to $60.00 dollars to crab once a week. With gas at $4.00 a gallon I might not be able to crab on a weekly basis.. Not that I can't afford it, but with a family of 3 and a house to care for sometimes you have to give up something you love to take care of the people you love.. Crabbing is just a hobby for me, but if it comes down to crabbing or supporting my family you know what I have to do.. At $4.00 a gallon I know I will be spending close to $80.00 for the day crabbing and I cannot justify that... Oh well I hope it doesn't come down to that, but with whats happening around the world now adays I don't see anything helping out the gas situation. I feel for the comm's, because thats there living and probably are spending more on gas then they get for 1 bushel of crabs.. 

The temporary answer is crab pooling.  I live in Voorhees, NJ, and am willing to share expenses with anyone who wants to go crabbing.  I don't have a boat yet, so if you have one that's fine or we can rent.  The more the merrier.  I don't smell much either.....Smiley

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

frankwyte4

Steam 'em if ya got 'em

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 10:57:26 AM »

yeah its just ridiculous, less than 2 years ago it was around 1.80,  not its over $3 and rising.  and thats one of things you don't have any choice but to buy.

What hits you was not meant to miss you, and what misses you was not meant to hit you
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 10:29:38 PM »

IT could get higher, but that shoulden't stop us from crabing, you only live once, and who knows what the price of gas will be next year.

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
MD17Crabber

Nothing Like A Wye Sunrise..

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

gas is getting really crazy, when are they gonna start putting these other fuels at our gas stations?

mmm Mumbos
F.I.sherman

Is bin laden still enjoying his bahama's vacation?

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 01:13:14 AM »

honestly,i think its been long overdue for gas prices to rise.
we've carelessly abused it and tossed it away.i think it should settle around 5-6 bux a gallon.
the sooner the better.after realizing how bad we destroyed this planet for our children this should be a lesson to make it better for them.
this week alone watch the temperature.this is a direct effect by us.
besides higher gas prices mean less support for terrorist countrys like saudi arabia.so hopefully we dont have a repeat of 9/11.
the higher the price of gas,the less we can afford it and the less support we give.
we should follow brazil by example.they make ethanol using sugar,they also use sugar to power the vehicles and ethanol processing plants.
therfore cutting out fossil fuels.
sorry about the rant.but its about time this country has made a change seriously.we always think we can fix things down the road or it isnt our problem.we refuse to take responsibility for anything until its too late.
my 2 cents,and a lil venting.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
Domino

Incredible Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 06:45:40 AM »

this week alone watch the temperature.this is a direct effect by us.

Did you see that the record high for yesterday was set in 1889?

CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 08:24:38 AM »

i hear that.. gas is going through the roof and will continue to rise fluxing across months to come and probably landing around $4 where it will sit for awhile. if it helps us cope, take a look overseas in places like UK, Italy, Japan where gallon of gas is around $5 plus. I think U.S. gas prices are the cheapeast in the world, right now. we were just so conditioned to the lower gas prices. i know this doesn't help any of us consuming this resource and i'm getting tired of bending over.. rising gas prices, real estate taxes, grocery bills, evrything goes up xcept my paycheck.. the CEOs are making the bucks and raping the folks that makes it for them.. i just bet the government and the BIG oil companies have a cheaper fuel solution but won't surface it because they want to keep raping us to line their pockets..

anyway, where it can be done, i agree the buddy system in crabbing will help cut down on costs.

thanks for listening (or in this case reading)
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 11:10:21 AM »

maby we should all switch to SOLAR power. Grin Grin Grin Grin

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 12:16:35 PM »

When things are bad, why do we compare ourselves to other countries, but when things are good.....we're Americans...?  We're supposed to be the greatest country in the world, I want cheap gas. 

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Domino

Incredible Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 12:21:41 PM »

When things are bad, why do we compare ourselves to other countries, but when things are good.....we're Americans...?  We're supposed to be the greatest country in the world, I want cheap gas. 

Other countries eat bugs and bathe in their own feces...I expect cheeseburgers, fresh water and cheap gas.

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 12:22:08 PM »

....other countries do not rely on gasoline and diesel fuel as much as we do. As well, theose countries are much smaller and far less diverse, which allows they're governments to establish, maintain and insitute a very advanced Mass transportation system.........and they tax the snot out of the gasoline imported to get people to use the Mass Transit systems. You can compare it with the likes of New York....many people do drive, but they pay for it......most ride buses, cabs and use the subway. Gas in America is out of control......and it is a shame. Cry

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 12:30:11 PM »

I agree with Domino, if I wanted to be like other countries, I'd live in other countries.   Grin

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 12:44:03 PM »

....other countries do not rely on gasoline and diesel fuel as much as we do. As well, theose countries are much smaller and far less diverse, which allows they're governments to establish, maintain and insitute a very advanced Mass transportation system.........and they tax the snot out of the gasoline imported to get people to use the Mass Transit systems. You can compare it with the likes of New York....many people do drive, but they pay for it......most ride buses, cabs and use the subway. Gas in America is out of control......and it is a shame. Cry

It is a shame, but we're hooked on it.  It would take disasterously high prices to get us un-hooked and really trying to change our lifestyles.  Go to Europe, they have a train waiting for you on every corner.  Step on, and it hauls [arse] to your next stop.  No muss, no fuss.  And its cheap.  And everybody uses it, because thats just what they do. DC Metro.... sucks [arse]... up to 20 minutes between trains, elevators always broken, price has tripled in the past 5 years. No wonder only a small % of commuters use it. Sad

Git 'r dun!
frankwyte4

Steam 'em if ya got 'em

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »

its sad to say but we are addicted to it.  from big 3/4 ton trucks to go to the supermarket and twin outboards on a 18ft boat, we love to spend our money on the big toys and other countries don't.  we love to over do it.  be prepared to pay to put gas in all those fancy toys. 

Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 01:27:38 PM »

I guess it's hard to run a trotline or traps from a sailboat, huh?   laugh laugh laugh laugh

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 01:31:37 PM »

That would depend on ones skill as a sailor......... Shocked

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"