October 21, 2020, 02:14:15 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas might effect my crabbing....  (Read 13805 times)
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 01:32:05 PM »

I guess it's hard to run a trotline or traps from a sailboat, huh?   laugh laugh laugh laugh

How do you think they did it before motors?  With mad skill, thats how!

Git 'r dun!
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 02:09:09 PM »

The way my luck has been running lately, I'd be just about ready to net an 11" mumbo and the wind would come up and the boom would knock me in the water.... Grin

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 03:04:59 PM »

The way my luck has been running lately, I'd be just about ready to net an 11" mumbo and the wind would come up and the boom would knock me in the water.... Grin
.... be shame, CS,  a [dang] shame! laugh laugh

Git 'r dun!
CrabstaDude
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 04:15:58 PM »

When things are bad, why do we compare ourselves to other countries, but when things are good.....we're Americans...?  We're supposed to be the greatest country in the world, I want cheap gas. 

i'm proud to be an American and thankful to live in this great country. having said that, we live in a Worldwide economy exporting and importing items i'm sure we all have and use from other parts of the world. maybe we can learn a few things from them like improved mass transportation (as someone mentioned). i want cheap gas too but those other countries that U.S. relys on for oil  basically got us by the nuts until we come up with a better solution.
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 07:50:23 PM »

i'm proud to be an American and thankful to live in this great country. having said that, we live in a Worldwide economy exporting and importing items i'm sure we all have and use from other parts of the world. maybe we can learn a few things from them like improved mass transportation (as someone mentioned). i want cheap gas too but those other countries that U.S. relys on for oil  basically got us by the nuts until we come up with a better solution.

That's cause most people(including our gov't) react instead of acting.  Instead of being pro active and developing alternate fuel sources years ago when oil was cheap, thinking toward the future (like now) when it won't be cheap anymore, they wait until it's "crisis" time.  I hear there is a huge supply that the gov't has stockpiled for a rainy day.  Well, looks to me like chance of rain is 100% right about now.....
The oil, and the automobile companies are like drug dealers.  First they get you hooked on their product, then they raise the prices, when you can't say no....Smiley

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

mike2u

New London Pa.. My kids call me Mr. Krabs...

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 09:31:25 PM »

Yea I can imagine getting on a subway or bus with 30 topless traps and 2 crab baskets, and telling the driver ' Wye River ' please,,, and make sure we get there before 4:00 am...  laugh laugh laugh laugh
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 09:42:11 PM »

Hey everbody..I agree with you all..gas prices are ridiculous...but think of this......Americans(the U.S) compromise 5% of the worlds population and use 30%  Shocked of the worlds resources...so like anything else,we are now getting bit in the [arse] by our own greediness  Undecided..having said that,if I gotta steal a shopping cart for my crabbing gear and walk the 110 miles to Da Wye...so be it...like Tatoo said,you only live once...and IM GOIN CRABBIN  Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 10:13:12 PM »

Hey everbody..I agree with you all..gas prices are ridiculous...but think of this......Americans(the U.S) compromise 5% of the worlds population and use 30%  Shocked of the worlds resources...so like anything else,we are now getting bit in the [arse] by our own greediness  Undecided..having said that,if I gotta steal a shopping cart for my crabbing gear and walk the 110 miles to Da Wye...so be it...like Tatoo said,you only live once...and IM GOIN CRABBIN  Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
What we are getting bit by is the tree huggers who have blocked nuke power plants,drilling for our own oil and natural gas,Drilling in the Arctic and building refineries. How high do you think gas would be if we hadn't built the Alaska pipe line?

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 11:33:20 PM »

afraide to know what the price would be.
What we are getting bit by is the tree huggers who have blocked nuke power plants,drilling for our own oil and natural gas,Drilling in the Arctic and building refineries. How high do you think gas would be if we hadn't built the Alaska pipe line?

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
crabbygramps
In Memoriam (1/2013)
Lifetime Member

awww geeeez....another one

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 06:21:36 AM »

Gotta "Crab Pool"... Undecided There's enough of us here to come up with some sort of solution... Cry What if we were Iran or Iraq... Oooooooooodles of gas, NO crabs. Don't even want to go there... Might be tough but...... you know what they say.. Oh...you don't................... Cool "when the goin gets tough, (are ya ready).... the tough go crabbin" Wink Grin laugh laugh laugh laugh

"CHESAPEAKE FEVER" catch it and you'll know "WYE"

frankwyte4

Steam 'em if ya got 'em

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 09:24:30 AM »

5 years in the future we will be lined up at the pump looking like this for some gas

What hits you was not meant to miss you, and what misses you was not meant to hit you
long green crabber
In Memoriam 12/2011
Lifetime Member

crabbin` cruiser

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »

how about a special dedicated lane,for two or more crabbers,going directly to the wye.  lgc
frankwyte4

Steam 'em if ya got 'em

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2006, 10:52:35 AM »

thats a great idea an HOC lane on the highway, High Occupancy Crabbers Grin

and it should be from 3 AM to Midnight everyday except wednesday

What hits you was not meant to miss you, and what misses you was not meant to hit you
Crabbeer

Kwicherbichen and have fun, go crabbin!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 12:02:17 PM »

After crabbing again solo yesterday, I am all for a crabbing pool... I have boat, traps, and a bit of experience but it is amazingly difficult to get crabbers to ride along.  My standards are pretty high, I'll take anyone that is willing to split costs and crabs.  Not only is it more cost effective but it is also easier on the bones.  I about passed out yesterday on a few occasions, would have been nice to split the work with someone. 

I am going either Thursday anytime or Monday mid morning.   Come on, who's with me!

Support our troops, make their home worthy of them.
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »

After crabbing again solo yesterday, I am all for a crabbing pool... I have boat, traps, and a bit of experience but it is amazingly difficult to get crabbers to ride along.  My standards are pretty high, I'll take anyone that is willing to split costs and crabs.  Not only is it more cost effective but it is also easier on the bones.  I about passed out yesterday on a few occasions, would have been nice to split the work with someone. 

I am going either Thursday anytime or Monday mid morning.   Come on, who's with me!

I am!

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

Crabbeer

Kwicherbichen and have fun, go crabbin!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 12:40:51 PM »

Alright, I have a possible for Monday from Crabshack.  Who wants to go tomorrow?  Kent Island to the Wye if I have a partner. 

Support our troops, make their home worthy of them.
frankwyte4

Steam 'em if ya got 'em

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 02:21:46 PM »

im in for tomorrow, should be  a good day for crabbing.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:54:26 PM by frankwyte4 » Logged

Big AL

Keep smiling

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 02:57:07 PM »

Grin Perhaps this crab pooling idea has a lot of merit. Maybe we should have a section where those who need partners for a trip could list times, date, and area they are crabbing . People intrested could contact them and arrange to get together. Seems to me it would promote a comradeship among the members. Grin Grin

W W C
frankwyte4

Steam 'em if ya got 'em

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »

great idea, members helping members, a section just on Crab Pooling. 

Domino

Incredible Hawk

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 03:07:58 PM »

great idea, members helping members, a section just on Crab Pooling. 

I think you have to be careful with this...

As it has been explained to me from several sources, accepting money from your guests, even for splitting bait and fuel costs is illegal unless you have a guide/charter status. 

I'd be easy pickings for the man to come on here, line up a trip with you and then nail you with a big fine.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 03:21:07 PM by Domino » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home