November 12, 2018, 10:50:06 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The weather looks like it's finally turning.  (Read 7160 times)
Kodi

Ignore
« on: March 14, 2003, 08:00:52 AM »

Supposed to be about 70 this weekend and I'm looking forward to getting some crabs to steam.  They won't be Maryland ones obviously but they'll still be good!

How 'bout you guys?

Kodi
Crabbyboy

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2003, 04:23:19 PM »

Well i don't think i'll get any acctual crabs, but i think crabcakes are on the agenda for the weeks diners. Wink
cw4340

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2003, 04:24:01 PM »

cw finaly get to work on crab pots gona dip pots this weekend if it gets that warm
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 08:46:41 PM »

too bad crabs wont be on my menu but hopefully some white perch!! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
waterman4456

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2003, 09:54:08 PM »

I'm still painting bouyes and dipping pots too. I need 2 dry days in a row to finish dipping.Don't look like it will be this week end.But the weather is getting RIGHT!!

Darrell
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 11:02:07 PM »

Things are now "starting to happen quickly"! Lets see today I got my little truck emissions test done and soon I will have to remove the teak on my Whaler and start getting her pretty for this years boating. Its the 14th of March and April and daylight savings will be here soon. Pros will be dropping pots in deep bay waters about Apr 1st! Spring Perch are just about here and the Rockfish are coming in too to spawn for now. As much as the winter can be rough its a reason I love the Bay area with the seasons we have.
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2003, 12:32:36 AM »

Cabin Fever - Crabbin Fever or just gettin out for the day!
[/size][/b]

As I posted eleswhere today:

It was pretty warm today. I went to NJ Graveling Point to try some Striper fishing. Walked around and talked to the good fishermen who were out with lines wet, (about a dozen or so there around 10am), no one had seen anyactivity or anything going on. Too cold. My partner and I just left our poles in the car. Maybe we'll try next week if the water warms up any.

Nice day for walking aroung though ...... good to be back out next to the water.
waterman4456

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2003, 02:41:13 PM »

Grasshopper; Have you ever tried live small spot as bait for rockfish ? They do real well here and we can catch a few spot around docks this time of year.
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2003, 07:33:13 PM »

Hey waterman ----

Thats one of the neat things about this site, you can always learn new things.

OK-----now, what is a "small spot"Huh? Blue Gill? Fresh water or salt? I've not heard of it before ---- tell me all about it!!!
waterman4456

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2003, 10:06:32 PM »

It's a salt water fish . It's shape and size is like a bluegill. It has a golden color with a black spot behind it's gills.I don't know it's scientific name but i will try to find it . If i knew how i would show you a picture. Have you ever checked out www.chesapeak-angler.com? They have a free magazine and it's always full of rockfish tips Smiley

NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2003, 02:13:18 PM »

Thanks --- I'll check it out.
Crabbyboy

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2003, 05:00:33 PM »

I use perch for the stripers.
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2003, 09:21:20 AM »

White Perch???   I use them for lunch!!!
cw4340

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2003, 03:53:46 PM »

white perch south jersey best keep secert piney staple taste better then any old striper Wink
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2003, 10:25:51 PM »

Went Striper fishing today - Saturday the 22nd.  11am to 3pm ---- nothing .... nada.... just us - water - beer - and blood worms. (Did ya know the [dang] things have teeth?? WORMS that 'hack up" their insides and they have teeth on the end of them). Go figure it!!!

36 + fisher men and women lining a half mile of 'Gravling Point' bay shore and nothing going on.

Then ..... at around 3:30 - 200 feet up the bank from my group, a fella pulls in a 28" er.

10 minutes later, 190' away from us ..... another 'linesider' gets beached.

30 minutes pass and 120' feet from us - a 24" beautiful Bass. They're workin there way towards us.

This goes on for another hour and ........ I get a phone call from the mrs. - stating that if we didn't get home "NOW", we wouldn't be fed. (Actually, it was worse than that but I can't get into the details here).

Ya know where this is going ..... as we were packed up and starting to walk down the beach, they were pullin them in where we had been for 5 hours.

Sheeeses ............. well ...... theres always next time!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2003, 10:28:35 PM by NJ Grasshopper » Logged

eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2003, 11:37:46 PM »

shoulda left that [dang] phone at home, grasshopper! Grin

from the sounds of it, its only just begun. this weeks warm temps will be a definite plus for the fishin. Grin Grin

herrin just startin to show up in our rivers, stripers not too far behind Grin Grin
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2003, 08:56:04 PM »

Yep on the phone eelfisher -

By the way ---- the Fiddler Crabs were all over the mud banks yesterday. Thats a good sign.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2003, 08:56:39 PM by NJ Grasshopper » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home