May 22, 2024, 09:42:24 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fort Report 11-11-23  (Read 3855 times)
NOREAST

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2023, 09:49:17 PM »

12 ring traps baited with c/n’s
High tide going out
Water temperature 53.2 - 54.3 degrees
This was mainly a white perch trip with some crabbing on the tail end on a beautiful day. Started in a creek we found late last year that had some deep holes (20 plus feet) and wanted to try to catch some white perch. Things started out slow with a perch here and there, moved around and picked away on a few different varieties of species of fish. (White perch, puppy black drum, and a small striper) With a few hours left in our trip, we deployed the trap in 9’ - 14’ of water. 3 runs and nothing. Headed to another creek that ran 4’-8’ deep and the water temperature another degree higher.  Finally caught a crab and before I could take a photo of it, it fell threw the small opening on the trap and it was gone.  Did catch a green crab on the last run of the day, so it was a win and we went out on a high note. I would have to say that the crabbing season might be over in this area.
crabbin paisano

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 05:35:48 PM »

Noreast ,you may be right 53 -55 degrees a little cold for blue claws,but before you know it will be spring. Noreast did you ever catch weakfish there in that area?
NOREAST

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 07:43:37 PM »

A long long time ago. Mid 70’s, that was truly the weakfish capital of the world. 10 boats waiting in line to launch was common, every party boat was packed, 10lbs - 12lbs tide runners were the normal and not uncommon. The fishery couldn’t keep up with the demand, and the greed wiped out the weakfish. Talking to the local bait and tackle guy, he said the bunker left the bay already and it looks like the striper won’t come up that way for the fall run. Fortescue has been on hard time since their heyday.
chefmark

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 08:05:14 PM »

Hopefully coins and I will do good on Friday of course we are only landlubbers. Season is not over yet in the showlows.great report an stripers are next!👍🦀🐟👍
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 10:17:53 PM »

Smiley

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003" "I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer give a [shiz] what people think, I'm not going to take any [shiz], because, frankly my dears, I am NOT in the [shiz] business." Quote from Suzy. :-)

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home