December 05, 2020, 12:20:45 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mumbo Measurer  (Read 23586 times)
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Elvis has left the building....

Ignore
« on: September 15, 2006, 05:33:51 PM »

As everyone is aware,we have had a few hangups as to how to determine the "true" length of MUMBOS  Undecided...well a HUGE "Thank You" goes out to Al,,aka "Fla Chicken Necker"...he has made ,and has sent a device that I think will solve our problems...Al..I tip my cap ,bow,... and say Thank You  Kiss Smiley....what does everybody else think...BTW..the ruler is a beautiful peice of workmanship  Cool

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 05:34:44 PM »

Cheesy

will someone tell me what kind of world it is we live in, when a man dressed up as a bat,steals all my press? ...The Joker
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 05:35:42 PM »

BTW..the right bookend "slides" back and forth  Grin

dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 05:40:06 PM »

I think the slide bar on the right needs to be turned around, JMHO. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Stevo
Lifetime Member

It's all fun and games 'til someone gets steamed!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 06:31:40 PM »

I think the slide bar on the right needs to be turned around, JMHO. Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Don, What did you expect, He is part of the Kielbasa Posse!  Grin Grin Grin laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh Grin Grin Grin

Hats off for craftmanship, Great looking and effective...........

Now can you teach rick how to use it Cheesy Grin Grin

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!

Stevo
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 06:34:38 PM »

Rick, bring it with you in the morning, we'll try it out and get some action shots of it!

Maybe that'll keep you busy so you ain't trying to get pics of us pisssin'

This website is member-supported. Please help by becoming a Supporting Member today!
kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 06:36:53 PM »

Rick, bring it with you in the morning, we'll try it out and get some action shots of it!

I plan too Stevo  Grin..see what you guys think... Wink...have a GROG shot...and I'll be snappin pics  Cheesy

Stevo
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 06:45:28 PM »

I plan too Stevo  Grin..see what you guys think... Wink...have a GROG shot...and I'll be snappin pics  Cheesy

Havin' one right now, Trot is baited and boat is packed! Wink

kingcrabber
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 06:47:11 PM »

Havin' one right now, Trot is baited and boat is packed! Wink
Cheesy have another...and hold it till da morning  Cheesy..should get some good arc on that piss  Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 06:52:13 PM »

That looks good,,Stevo at least he is going with you tomorrow so he can catch a MUMBO to use it on,   Wink

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

Crabbeer

Kwicherbichen and have fun, go crabbin!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 07:06:59 PM »

Very nice, well made... Should eliminate any questions from pics.  May be a patent in the working.  I know of nothing out there that gives such precise measurements other than the legal stick used to determine 5.25". 

My father in law is making one (hopefully) for me like Crabber Joe's Mumbo stick.  I am looking forward to getting that soon.

Support our troops, make their home worthy of them.
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 08:02:45 PM »

NICE PICE OF EQUIPTMENT!!!!
GOOD JOB FCN!!
fla chicken necker
In Memoriam 08/2013

Love those Jimmy's

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 08:12:35 PM »

Dfran is correct, as will be the caliper.
Here's a photo I took of "The Kings RUle" before sending to Rick, as well as one of the prototype. Hope you catch a Mumbo to use it on.

HATE THE HAWK---NOT THE HAWK'ER!
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 08:56:11 PM »

Dfran is correct, as will be the caliper.
Here's a photo I took of "The Kings RUle" before sending to Rick, as well as one of the prototype. Hope you catch a Mumbo to use it on.

That is much better because the other way the right point would be riding up the slide and you would have the same speculation. Good job, I like it. Wink Smiley Cool Cool Cool

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
dfran
In Memoriam 07/2017

Labs Rule !!!!!! Crabs ain't bad either !!!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 09:19:57 PM »

fcn those are really nice. I'm going to try and make a couplle of those. Does the slide bar attach or is it just sitting on the top ?

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 09:26:08 PM »

fcn those are really nice. I'm going to try and make a couplle of those. Does the slide bar attach or is it just sitting on the top ?
It looks like it is just sitting there but if you cut a slot lenthways down the middle with a screw and shim from the bottom you could attach it and it would still slide

- John Wayne
tattoo

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 09:29:23 PM »

Nice , now all I have to do is catch some more MUMBOS.  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 09:53:27 PM »

Those are really professional looking, like what you'd see in a store. I'd buy one. IMHO,    Crabbeer's idea of a patent is really a good one.f  RD's suggestion of a slot cut in the bottom and the movable part attached with a screw and a shim is good too.  Since a crabs "points" are really sharp and piercing, they may   dig into the side parts if they are made out of wood.  This would make an accurate/precise measurment impossible.  I would suggest making the side parts out of metal or attaching a metal plate of some sort so the crabs points don't dig in.

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 10:03:09 PM »

Those are really professional looking, like what you'd see in a store. I'd buy one. IMHO,    Crabbeer's idea of a patent is really a good one.f  RD's suggestion of a slot cut in the bottom and the movable part attached with a screw and a shim is good too.  Since a crabs "points" are really sharp and piercing, they may   dig into the side parts if they are made out of wood.  This would make an accurate/precise measurment impossible.  I would suggest making the side parts out of metal or attaching a metal plate of some sort so the crabs points don't dig in.
use starboard,never rot,easy to clean and wont wear out

- John Wayne
mreinke

New to Crabbing !

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 08:10:03 AM »

VERY NICE !!!!! But if you turn the slider back around , it looks like you can get another 2 1/4 inches added to the crab. LOL !!   It looks great!! A job very well done.
Mike

Mike

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home