October 20, 2018, 03:24:45 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike2u 70 % healthy Wye Tommorrow  (Read 3878 times)
mike2u

New London Pa.. My kids call me Mr. Krabs...

Ignore
« on: September 23, 2006, 03:22:34 PM »

Well it's been awhile, but just can't stay away no more... Weather not perfect, but seems to be getting better down from 20 mph to 17 now, and possible storms. Seems like a perfect day... Elbow still hurting but I think I can work through it... Looked at a nice boat today and hopefully if everything goes well finance wise it will be mine.. It's a clean 1998 17' Seapro, with a 1997 70 hp Merc. Tried to take it out today and had some issues with the motor stalling. Found out that the bulb was leaking so too much air getting in. Will head back down next sunday for another test run.. It's a perfect size boat to trailer to the Wye and also head out around my way for some tubing and skiing. If everything goes well and I do purchase this boat... I'm truely sorry to say ' The Tub ' will be up for sale.. and both motors 5.5 hp 1964 johnson and the 15 hp 1974 Johnson.. I hope to sell them all together, but might consider selling them separately.. Here's the pics of her.. Keep your fingers crossed guys. ' JC ' and DTown' I'll be looking for you guys tommorrow.
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 05:29:25 PM »

Go0d luck with the baot Mike, and you won't have to look hard. laugh laugh laugh

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
MD17Crabber

Nothing Like A Wye Sunrise..

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:42:27 PM »

Nice Lookin Boat Mike!  Hope you get it!

mmm Mumbos
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 10:33:40 PM »

GOOD luck, nice looking ride. Grin Grin Grin

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 04:12:11 AM »

Mike,
Please do not take this wrong way as raining on your parade.....but, that motor is complete junk! I'd check with NADA for what the hull and trailer are worth and wouldn't pay a penny more for it. If you do purchase this vessel, be prepared to repower it in the near future. Force are absolutely the worst motors ever made. The boat is beautiful, but that motor has to go.......... Huh I hope you take this as advise and not an insult.
Thanks,
C. Smiley

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 07:21:01 AM »

Mike,
Please do not take this wrong way as raining on your parade.....but, that motor is complete junk! I'd check with NADA for what the hull and trailer are worth and wouldn't pay a penny more for it. If you do purchase this vessel, be prepared to repower it in the near future. Force are absolutely the worst motors ever made. The boat is beautiful, but that motor has to go.......... Huh I hope you take this as advise and not an insult.
Thanks,
C. Smiley
Mike when i saw your pictures last night i thought the same thing that Chris did,problems on the test run aint a good sign

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
lreops
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

Mike,
Thanks,
C. Smiley

I also thought the same after I saw the photos. Was surprised because you stated that it was a 70HP mercury, not a 75HP Force as in photo. I also have not heard anything good about that motor and turned away from many boats with a Force motor on it when I was shopping for a boat. Good looking boat and I'm sure that it will supply many hours of enjoyment but a poor power source can negate the best of times.

Just proceed with caution and like said before, check the NADA and good luck and best wishes on your final decision.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 08:19:27 AM by lreops » Logged

Ron

Always looking to learn
Always looking to share
Always looking for fun
mike2u

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 12:10:41 PM »

Thanks for the replys and yes I know all about the motor... I know it's not very good or reliable. I was thinking about replacing sometime during the winter or next year anyway.. I'm sure I can find a decent motor around somewhere...
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 12:17:57 PM »

....That's cool, Mike. Thanks for reading into it as just advise and not an insult. Just don't want you to have a ton of problems down the road. This motor might give you years of problem free operation, who knows. Eitherway, she's a great looking boat. Good Luck with it.
C. Smiley

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Seaweed
Supporting Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 12:50:43 PM »

How much for My Tub back? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Git 'r dun!

mike2u

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 01:45:28 PM »

For you... I'll knock off 5 % if you want....  laugh laugh laugh laugh
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 08:35:15 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin laugh laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
Seaweed