November 21, 2018, 11:17:22 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another question  (Read 1608 times)
jeff l

I love Crabby Pattys!

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:12:33 AM »

sorry so many qustions I am 26 with a wife in nursing school and a three year old son so I appreciate the money and time saved, by others trail and error. just two weeks ago I thought a ss crab was a different breed of crab and now I have my first shed tank. I think its a great hobby for me. I am about to build a real tank (4by8 ) just a little bummed about winter. anyway

in my small closed system I have a top for the shed tank .but i thought the biofilter needed the sun well it has been raining and my salt ppt is almost gone

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:19:38 AM »

you forgot the question

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
jeff l

I love Crabby Pattys!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 08:36:32 AM »

you forgot the question
biofiters need the sun no top
does it matter with the rain (ppt) do you just add more salt or at least check ppt after it rains.
but i just checked my crabs again and I might see my problem I have a foutain pump under 6' limestone w/ about a foot to the top that I am going to fill w/ oyster shell after I finish boiling them.
anyway once i fill the filter to the top w/ shell and water ;the filter wont fill up as much when it rains.
just got a little worryed I have two peelers in there and I have already had a low ppt -got it right and 12 hrs later its off again------thanks jeff

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home