September 17, 2019, 08:38:52 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wild female  (Read 2099 times)
jeff l

I love Crabby Pattys!

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2006, 03:44:30 PM »

2 days ago i went to check my crab traps and i found 2 crabs on top off each other so when I looked closer , the female was a red line. so i took her to my shed tank. well to day i checked the traps and found another red line male crab, so i  took him and put him in my shed tank, and my female went crazy and started moveing around and trying to mount the male. at 1st i thought it was the male but i checked and it was the female. is this normal.

captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 03:55:23 PM »

2 days ago i went to check my crab traps and i found 2 crabs on top off each other so when I looked closer , the female was a red line. so i took her to my shed tank. well to day i checked the traps and found another red line male crab, so i  took him and put him in my shed tank, and my female went crazy and started moveing around and trying to mount the male. at 1st i thought it was the male but i checked and it was the female. is this normal.
Typical Female.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes    Next she'll yell Date Rape.... Grin Grin Grin Grin

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 04:22:55 PM »

no it's not normal,we try to keep them seperated because the male peeler will sometimes back up or stop the shedding process when put in with the girls,

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
jeff l

I love Crabby Pattys!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 04:32:52 PM »

thanks i will  seperate them

jeff l

I love Crabby Pattys!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 09:16:22 AM »

even intill the end the female kept trying to get to the male , they were both hrs intill molt and she kept trying final he molted ;and then she did ;it was neat to see her change from young female into a mature female. just like the picture in Bluecrab.info link
just thought i would share  that---------
jeff

R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 09:55:43 AM »

It is cool to watch nature at worki still stop every now and then to watch the process

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home