May 16, 2021, 10:50:24 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wye=wind,waves, rope burn!  (Read 8468 times)
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2006, 09:07:07 AM »

04ness, This falls under common courtesy. There is just too little of it out there! The captain of a boat is responsible for his boat and his wake. Let him explain his "I was in the channel and therefore right" attitude at a civil/criminal liable hearing! The plaintiffs attorneys would have a field day!
When in my boat, and I see a canoe or kayak paddling about, I slow down to an idle and motor by him until I am clear.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:13:34 AM by SHELLFISH » Logged

Retired in paradise!
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 09:54:53 AM »

if i am in a narrow water way i will slow down for them BUT i am not slowing down for every idiot who wants to go out in the open in a small boat or canoe,be no use to ever leave the dock because you would have to idle everywhere you go,  Roll Eyes and the "responsable for your wake" will only carry so far in court. Youy are negligent if you go in open or navagable waters in a vessal that is not safe or seaworthy for those waters

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
04ness

Im Feelin Crabby!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 06:56:21 PM »

if i am in a narrow water way i will slow down for them BUT i am not slowing down for every idiot who wants to go out in the open in a small boat or canoe,be no use to ever leave the dock because you would have to idle everywhere you go,  Roll Eyes and the "responsable for your wake" will only carry so far in court. Youy are negligent if you go in open or navagable waters in a vessal that is not safe or seaworthy for those waters

I totally agree, if someone is trying to cross the ocean in a rowboat they are negligent.  If a larger boat is trying to buzz by a small boat that is out of the navigable part of the channel, then he is being negligent.

lets all have fun and be safe. the photo idea of a rogue boater is a good idea, if a trouble maker is out there, post his pic so all can look out and beware. Im sure the DNR visits this site from time to time, and would be interested in the problem causers out there.

----Brad
fisheyed

It gets in the blood

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2006, 09:49:22 AM »

worse than going fast in my opinion is when they slow down just a little to try to be courteous and end up making a bigger wake than they had when on plane. everyone should know there boat, be respectful and stay alert. doesn't matter whose fault it is when your dead.
max

I have a goat with no teeth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 10:10:32 AM »

he's right....it don't matter who's fault it is when yer dead.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home