December 05, 2021, 02:45:19 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lake mattamusket nc  (Read 10192 times)
g-crab

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2006, 09:43:04 AM »

hi all has anyone crabed the lake this late in the year and is it worth going in december, crabs gone in pamlico river and starting to get blue claw syndrome. also has anyone ever found soft shell clams in north carolina.  have a great new year all. 
NickG

Nom-nom-nom

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 04:40:53 PM »

I may be getting over to the lake this weekend. This time of year, if I understand correctly, parts of the lake are closed to protect migratory birds. If we get anything I will let you know.

-Nick
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:52:30 PM »

NickG, make sure you wear blaze orange if rummaging thru the brush rifle rifle ya might get mistaken for a doe or a 4 pointer laugh. Yeah someone did say 1 or 2 of the gates were closed. I thought I would go with the kids too this weekend. I've got a hankering for some big ol' boys(or girls). The thought of winterizing my pot hmmm. My father in-law is still pulling pots out in the Pamilco River 2/3 days a week. I'm waiting for him to start to take em up. Then I will get a box (80 lbs+) from him. That's how he pays my boys when they help him take them up at the end of the season. And he comes over and eats his share(2-3dz) Have fun and good luck if I dont see ya. sunny

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
g-crab

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 02:38:53 PM »

hey everybody,finnaly got first 2 crabs for the my year,rec craber but if i pull um in like last year ill be the happiest guy this side of the pamlico.pic of first crabs 6 1/4 inch. later in the year they avarage about 7inchs.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 10:00:36 PM »

Bit confused about your post. You replied to a thread started about Mattamuskeet, yet you post says first crab caught in Pamlico River. Ya should have started a new thread. Big difference between Laker crabs and river crabs (as the two don't meet either) Non the less, you still caught descent sized crabs, and if they were hard and rusty, the would be the very few( male crabs have been shedding for the past 10 days) Mind me asking were did you really catch em' Huh?

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!

anchor
Lifetime Member

stop being a lurker and make a donation

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 11:15:55 PM »

if you read his post correctly he said, if i have as good of a season this season as i did last season i'll be the happiest guy this side of the pamlico river. and who knows maybe he did get them in the lake.
g-crab

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 09:18:07 AM »

sorry about the wrong heading im still trying to figure out how to use this site.i caught the crabs in bath nc.1/2 mile in off the river.going back thursday to cheack again then going out on the boat sat or sunday to a good spot should have plenty will try to post pics if i can figure it out.adeose crabmegose.lol just hapen to look down and see ware to post pics heres the 2 from bath within 5 min.
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »

Thars OK. nice crab.  Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 08:48:18 PM »

sorry about the wrong heading im still trying to figure out how to use this site.i caught the crabs in bath nc.1/2 mile in off the river.going back thursday to cheack again then going out on the boat sat or sunday to a good spot should have plenty will try to post pics if i can figure it out.adeose crabmegose.lol just hapen to look down and see ware to post pics heres the 2 from bath within 5 min.
If you're crabbing in Bath Creek and using topless traps, handlines o trotline try going up to the head water of the creek. (close to Hunters Bridge area) there is some mean [arse] crabs up there. You'd probably do better with topless traps. (as no comm pot is allowed up there) Also check out Back Creek(it's the one where Quarter Deck is) June and July are great up there until we have a massive rain storm. It drops off a little in Aug but picks back up close to the end and is good until Mid October. (if no hurricanes come along)

horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 09:00:47 PM »

Wife had the "BLUE FLU" today. We went down to the lake and caught our limit in 3 hours. Had tons of crabs that we threw back and ones we missed. Also we had to do battle with HUGE turtles. I did'nt grab the camera fast enough for the first one. My wife pulled him up and he looked to be about 40 lbs. I had the cam and snapped the pic of them together(wife and turtle) he's proably around 25 lbs and was the baby she caught. Shocked Lost lots of bait to them and crabs as well. Lost handlines when our backs were turned. Most of the crabs we caught were at the 6" mark, as we threw back all that were 5 1/2". the pic shows one being almost 8" Wink Believe it or not there was lots of jelly fish up there. I think mid June and July will be great. Lots of little guys to insure a good fall run too.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:03:57 PM by horsefly » Logged

Crabber Joe
Lifetime Member

"A man's gotta know his limitations"

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 09:19:27 PM »

Nice job Bro, thats more crabs than I had tonight, Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin but I'm heading back to the Miles River real soon to restock....

Anytime, Anyplace JO !
Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 09:29:40 PM »

Great job Brian, nice pics. Them turtles are nasty, ate one of my traps when I was there. laugh Good looking crabs and a good meal. 2thumbsup

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 09:57:58 PM »

WTG, nice looken crabs . I an sure you enjoyed them. thanks for the pictures.

horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 11:18:27 PM »

WTG, nice looken crabs . I an sure you enjoyed them. thanks for the pictures.
2dz crabs doesn't look like a lot. But these guys were hand selected jumbo's and were full of meat. Three hens in the whole bunch. Tattoo it was great to go and see the wife have fun, she was my dipper for the day. Roll Eyes Shocked Grin Grin

tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 07:34:00 AM »

glad you had a GOOD time.  Wink Wink

CHIEF

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 07:45:23 AM »

HF send the snappers up to me my brother makes a great snapper soup.
NickG

Nom-nom-nom

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »

laugh"Blue Flu" laugh

I wonder if I might come down with a case of that over the next day or two.
tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 02:57:48 PM »

If you do GOOD luck.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

golembieski

Come on AL put your finger in the bucket!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 09:18:40 PM »

So hows the crabbing at the lake,
I'm going down there on the 13th and i'm sure to give it a try. I hear handlines are the ticket on small fingers of the lake? Is this correct?
Thanks
Summertop
Lifetime Member

Now the search begins!!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 09:27:14 PM »

See my report in Nc reports.  I would skip Lake canal and go right to Waquoin canal and drive up the bank and throw lines. in.  Good luck!

Now the search begins...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home