October 23, 2018, 06:48:11 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW MANY SEA DOGS HAVE THE FEVER?  (Read 4911 times)
flying dutchman

« on: April 01, 2003, 10:21:13 PM »

HOW MANY OF MY FOLLOW CRABBERS HAVE THAT CRABBING FEVER? LET ME KNOW WERE YOU CRAB AND WHAT YOUR USING. I  CRAB IN CRAB ALLEY WITH MY SEA DOGS STARTING A CLUB AGAINST COMMERCIAL CRABBERS AND REC CRABBERS WHO DON'T KNOW THE RULES THERE WRECKING THE SPORT AND ENJOYMENT OF THE SPORT YOU SET UP IN A SPOT KNOW ONE IS THERE AND THEN THEY SHOW UP REC CRABBERS THROWING TRAPS AND TROUT LINES ALL AROUND YOU GETTING TANGELED UP IN YOUR GEAR THEN A COMMERCIAL CRABBER TRIES TO TELL YOU HE CRABS THERE EVERY DAY WELL I SAY WERE'S YOUR PERMIT TO OWN A BODY OF WATER THIS YEAR NO PLAYING AROUND YOU TRY TO BE NICE ANY ONE IN THIS CLUB CALLS ME UP AND IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WERE THE LAW IS BEING BROKEN THEN OUT COMES THE BADGE AND ON COME THE CUFFS. TO ALL MY CRABBERS WHO KNOW THE LAW COMMERCIAL OR REC I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT SEASON. Shocked
Crabber Ron

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 12:08:27 AM »

Umm....ok  Shocked
Bdc

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 10:57:33 AM »

Flying Dutchman,
Welcome! You say Crab Alley....Maryland? We have a crab alley up in Jersey too and I crab there. Just wondering if we pass eachother from time to time. You know what i can't stand? I can't stand when we follow all the rules and laws and regs and people still feel the need to mess w/ us. My girlfriend and I are avid crabbers and we each possess a license for two pots. I pull them 2-3 times a week and a few times last year they were poached and one was run over and must've got cut up by a propeller. The buoy was just tossed up on the marsh like it was trash. I mean we are by the book. ID #'s, reflectors on the buoys for night time so approaching vessels can avoid the pots...sinkable lines. Probably got caught around there motor and they just cut the line and didn't bother to try and untangle it. Just disregarded my personal property that was all legal. I reported the incident to the local marina b/c i know the owner likes to report poachers and law breakers of this sort......I was even locking up the doors to the pots to make it more difficult for the poachers, thinking it would deter them and they would just think it was too much work and they wopuld just toss it back in. YEAH RIGHT! It's a shame we have to act and think like this isn't it?.....And to answer your question....Yes, I have the fever....BAD!!!
-Bdc

Little Orca
flying dutchman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 07:29:34 PM »

I know what you mean some people think they own the water and they are above the regs and laws then they get a good wake up. Smiley
CRABGUY
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

FRYGUY

CRABMAN RUSS

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 09:57:35 PM »

WE CANT LET A FEW ROTTEN A- HOLES SPIOL OUR FUN AND OR LIVELYHOOD!!

I DIPPED MY LITTLE BOAT TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS SEASON

IT WAS DAMM NEAR SPRITUAL!!!!!!!!! Grin
I CANT FRIGGIN WAIT FOR SOME CRABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2003, 11:18:56 PM »

bdc, the commercial guys hafta put up w/ that [curd] all the time. even though they may have a couple hundred pots, it hurts the same to lose one.

what part of jersey you from? i'm here in cape may county...great egg harbor bay area.

crabguy, congrats on the spiritual experience Grin wonty be too much longer, bro.

you know how bad people itch cause they have crabs? thats how much i'm itchin cause i dont have crabs!!!lol Grin
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2003, 11:29:43 PM »

Got to repair my dock from the winter ice ......

Then the boat goes in!!!

Two more weeks!!!!!!

Then 6 weeks til the crabs are making my traps their home!!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2003, 11:30:13 PM by NJ Grasshopper » Logged
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2003, 11:52:46 PM »

yeah man...i'm with ya bro Grin Grin
flying dutchman

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2003, 02:40:24 AM »

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD SEASON I AM IN MARYLAND NEAR THE BAY BRIDGE BUT MY BOAT IS ON THE EASTERN SHORE IN CRAB ALLEY IN THE EASTERN BAY NEAR THE KENT NARROWS GOOD CRABBING SPOT THE WYE RIVER'S MOUTH IS IN THE EASTERN BAY FAMOUS FOR GIANT JIMMIES HOPEFULLY NONE OF OUR GEAR IS SCREWED WITH THIS YEAR AND I REMEMBER A BIG WINTER A FEW YEARS BACK AND THE CRABBING THAT SUMMER WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD YOU COULD NOT PAY THE CRABS TO STAY AWAY IT WOULD TAKE ME ONE IN A HALF HOURS TO TOP OFF TWO BUSHELS. GOOD LUCK MY CRAB BROTHERS. Smiley
Kodi

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2003, 08:15:23 AM »

Heh, heh, heh........just to mess with you guys....I had a small batch of steamed crabs last night.  My wife got a new job and we wanted to celebrate.

Of course we had to buy them and they weren't from Maryland but they sure hit the spot! Tongue

Kodi

LindaP

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2003, 02:13:44 PM »

You know you've got the fever when you dangle a chicken neck on a string into a pot of water with a plastic crab in it, and get all goosebumply inside.  Can't wait , just me, my hubby, a few necks hanging off the side of the boat and 6 traps out.  Just wantin' to catch enough for a mess. Wink
Crabbyboy

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2003, 05:07:41 PM »

[dang] you Kodi...haha. just kiddin Wink...congrats to your wife!!

Want
          to
       crab...
 getting weaker.....
  Harder to type...
Kodi

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2003, 07:52:57 AM »

Thanks crabbyboy.  Maybe get some more blues this weekend.

Kodi
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2003, 05:35:20 PM »

alright, kodi.....ya dont have to rub our noses in it!!! lol

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home