December 08, 2019, 04:08:35 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new dip nets  (Read 19932 times)
De crabber

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2006, 05:07:29 PM »

Ok Seaweed just let me know.. Do you know anyone with a Maryland Lcc for sale? Thanks Mark Smiley
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2006, 06:10:24 PM »

Seaweed,
I gotta have a stainless net, those galvanized aren't worth ch-it!!! If you decide to make any out of stainless, please let me know.
Thanks,
ChrisS

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2006, 07:01:31 PM »

Seaweed,
I gotta have a stainless net, those galvanized aren't worth ch-it!!! If you decide to make any out of stainless, please let me know.
Thanks,
ChrisS
[/quote

I hate to admit it, but Chris is right, stainless steel is the way to go.  I bought a steam pot that is stainless steel, because aluminum pits and is a pita to clean.  Stainless Steel won't rust, and although it might be more expensive in the short run, in the long run, it's a better investment.......IMHO

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
Mutzy crab man
Lifetime Member

9-1/8th 7-31-08 Wye

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2006, 09:39:57 PM »

Hey Jeff.. Smiley ...I would also prefer stainless ...... Grin

Outta the river an into my pot...FUHGEDDABOUDIT..
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2006, 10:42:57 PM »

Okey dokey Tongue well, I don't have any stainless wire. I've had a galv net for a few years, and its perfectly fine.

Git 'r dun!

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2006, 11:24:51 PM »

I just wanted to clarify that I did not mean seaweeds nets were Junk, but I would prefer Stainless over galvanized....as I use my nets everyday.......and I do not think Galvanized will withstand the daily abuse I'll put it through.

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2006, 05:51:30 AM »

SW,  That's a Great looking net.... Wink    I'm sure it will outlast the handle....     Anybody that wants it to last longer then  2 handles could spray it with clear EPOXY.     Seems  2   B  A   few commercial auto dippers that are non Stainless Steel that hold up fine with some maintenance.....    BTW,  Will it float  Roll Eyes if dropped overboard?... Huh    Grin    Keep up the Great Engineering....

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2006, 09:22:02 AM »

SW,  That's a Great looking net.... Wink    I'm sure it will outlast the handle....     Anybody that wants it to last longer then  2 handles could spray it with clear EPOXY.     Seems  2   B  A   few commercial auto dippers that are non Stainless Steel that hold up fine with some maintenance.....    BTW,  Will it float  Roll Eyes if dropped overboard?... Huh    Grin    Keep up the Great Engineering....

All I can say is that I have one of these nets, and it has held up great.  For a rec crabber or part-time commercial crabber, this is for you.  If you're a 6-day/week trotliner running 5000' of line, then you need the next level up and heavy stainless.

Git 'r dun!
Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2006, 09:31:56 AM »

All I can say is that I have one of these nets, and it has held up great. For a rec crabber or part-time commercial crabber, this is for you. If you're a 6-day/week trotliner running 5000' of line, then you need the next level up and heavy stainless.

I have used the same galvanized dipnet for the past 3yrs and have had no issues with it.  Cool  I can't see why anyone would need to have a stainless net, even if they are crabbing 6 days a week.  Roll Eyes

De crabber

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2006, 01:41:28 PM »

Seaweed my buddy is commerical and uses a galvanized net all the time and has know problem with it and has been using it for years .The aluminum handles are nice and light also.. I have a new wooden handle and stainless net if anyone wants to buy it ,Just to heavy for me.Keep up the good work seaweed.. Mark  Smiley

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2006, 02:00:20 PM »

I can't see why anyone would need to have a stainless net, even if they are crabbing 6 days a week.  Roll Eyes

...I can't imagine why any full time crabber would want or need stainless net.....perhaps cause your not a full time crabber. Tongue Smiley

in·teg·ri·ty   
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2006, 02:14:01 PM »

...I can't imagine why any full time crabber would want or need stainless net.....perhaps cause your not a full time crabber. Tongue Smiley

Never claimed to be and from what I've heard your not a full time crabber either!  Tongue 

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2006, 02:15:19 PM »

....and that's a 3 yr old, completely worn out, out of shaped net. I like the durability of SS especially when you have a very large crab in it, holding on with both claws and your trying to bang him into the cull box before the next bait comes over the propstick. Most galvanized nets I have used, would colapse in on itself and I'd have to reshape it after every crab......as well, it would open large holes that smaller peeler crabs would escape through, if not reshapen properly. Believe me guys, despite the childish mentality condusive of this board.....it's been tried and tried again.....and what you read here is not a dig on your product for sale, which by the way, I can get a SS for 10 bucks cheaper at any fishing shop, it's years of experience combined. Will a galvinzied net work, yes.......will it hold up, it could, but probably not.......I know cause I have been there..............do crabber want to keep purchasing new equipment.......absolutely not! I asked for a Stainless net, I didn't call anyone's mother any names.......if you can not supply it, no big deal! The next step from here is up to you.
ChrisS

in·teg·ri·ty   
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2006, 02:19:38 PM »

Islander,
I don't have the time, patience or will to divuldge you in a "Who's who" of the crabbing world. I will, however, gladly share W-2's with you to see just who really uses they're commercial license and who just thinks the numbers make them look cool!

I sure am glad I saved all those bmails from all you guys wanting me to sign off on your licenses! I think I got one from you too, Islander!!! laugh

in·teg·ri·ty   
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2006, 02:39:06 PM »

Islander,
I don't have the time, patience or will to divuldge you in a "Who's who" of the crabbing world. I will, however, gladly share W-2's with you to see just who really uses they're commercial license and who just thinks the numbers make them look cool!

I sure am glad I saved all those bmails from all you guys wanting me to sign off on your licenses! I think I got one from you too, Islander!!! laugh

Think again!! I never asked for your signature because I never needed it.  My father was a commercial crabber and crabbed along side of great crabbers like Lester Lee, before your were born. I grew up on Kent Island and worked with him and other commercial crabbers for many years, so don't pretend you know something about me that you don't.  Angry 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 04:21:13 PM by Islander » Logged

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2006, 02:47:52 PM »

Who am I to call you a liar. You are a far better crabber than I, crab longer and wiser.......your ancestors crabbed with characters of a book and I'm extremely happy for you...............HOWEVER, even with all that being said, and humbly bowing at the foot of your ancestorial tree, I still NEED a Stainless Steel net.  laugh

....I did not post on here to start a fight, I just liked what a saw in Seaweed's net, but only wanted it in Stainless. This forum needs to grow up a bit, I have seen and met some very good crabbers that came here and left because of the childish attitudes betrayed be some, not all, but some on here......otherwise, it's gonna be a long winter! Roll Eyes Sad

in·teg·ri·ty   
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

The difference between the pics you posted and Weed's is that his nets are renforced with wire like mine.  Roll Eyes

ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2006, 02:50:15 PM »

...the difference is, the reinforced wire is holding up the bricks on your net, where as, the net alone is holding the brick on the SS net.

Man, imagine if I reinforced my SS nets like those, I could park me truck on them.........and they'll never rust away!!! Grin
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 02:54:11 PM by ChrisS » Logged

in·teg·ri·ty   
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2006, 02:52:37 PM »

.....and again, I think Weed's nets are excellent nets......one's that will last most crabbers they're lifetime. Smiley

in·teg·ri·ty   
Islander
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2006, 02:55:27 PM »

Man, imagine if I reinforced my SS nets like those, I could park me truck on them.........and they'll never rust away!!! Grin

Chris,

I never said that a stainless steal net isn't nice. I just don't think its a must have item and wouldn't call galvanized nets a piece of [shiz] as you did. It all boils down to personal preference.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 04:15:35 PM by Islander » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home