July 22, 2019, 06:34:43 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new dip nets  (Read 19176 times)
DOMNIKDYL
Lifetime Member

Tag! your it!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2006, 03:56:52 PM »

anyone know where to get a stainless crab hawk? Grin

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2006, 03:58:49 PM »

...I agree with you only because I do not feel like losing any friends because I like and prefer stainless......it's a shame others feel something so minute is a justifiable indifference. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 04:01:21 PM by ChrisS » Logged

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2006, 04:02:49 PM »

anyone know where to get a stainless crab hawk? Grin
Shocked Shocked Shocked       New York.... Grin Grin Grin    laugh laugh laugh

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
crabberjon
Lifetime Member

Location: Eastern side of western and western side of eastern

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2006, 05:14:08 PM »

Chris that net you got looks strong but man that boat looks like [shiz]. Clean that thing and cover it. And you call yourself a waterman take pride in your boat not just your net.

You don't know if ya don't go....
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2006, 06:43:32 PM »

Weed,
     I plan on catching some pretty big crabs next year!  Any chance of you making me a net out of 1/4" roundstock, I just am not sure that stainless will be strong enough!

Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Beware of the guy in orange

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2006, 06:44:21 PM »

Well, well, well... while I was busy making nets and some crabpots, I missed all the fun! laugh laugh

As shown in page 2, and in Islander's load test pic, you can clearly see that I use 11 gauge smooth bracing wire to reinforce the nets.  They are stout, and do not deform.  Not getting into this pissing contest, but Chris your claim of peelers slipping through is false.  The wire is 1.5" hex, and I there are no "holes" when i'm done.  Nothing gets through.

Your SS net looks fine, but mine are a little deeper and bigger diameter... thus, they hold more crabs.  AND... the crabs pop right you when you dump them in the cull box.

Once again, I stand behind my product, and if I didn't:

a) I wouldn't use one myself
b) I wouldn;t think of selling them to the good folks on this board, and
c)  I sure as [Sam Hill] wouldn't ask for products reviews on it!

Nuff said. Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin

Git 'r dun!
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2006, 06:45:05 PM »

Chris that net you got looks strong but man that boat looks like [shiz]. Clean that thing and cover it. And you call yourself a waterman take pride in your boat not just your net.

Crabberjon,
I use it all year long....now she is geared up for duck hunting....and I'm very proud of her. Smiley

in·teg·ri·ty   
–noun 1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2006, 06:47:17 PM »

Weed,
     I plan on catching some pretty big crabs next year!  Any chance of you making me a net out of 1/4" roundstock, I just am not sure that stainless will be strong enough!

laugh laugh laugh laugh I'll see what I can do.  let me poll the experts first laugh laugh laugh

Git 'r dun!
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2006, 06:49:44 PM »

THat is awesome and looks great!!!

Any chance you can make me one out of Stainles steel? Grin

in·teg·ri·ty   
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2006, 06:53:41 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh I'll see what I can do.  let me poll the experts first laugh laugh laugh

I would hope the welds would be xrayed, I would like to be able to post a picture of CrabShack standing on and being supported by the net!

Crab Shack
Lifetime Member

BITE ME

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2006, 06:57:28 PM »

I would hope the welds would be xrayed, I would like to be able to post a picture of CrabShack standing on and being supported by the net!

I think the nets should be made out of mirrored glass, then have Henpot look at them, and if they don't  crack, they pass the endurance test.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 07:43:01 PM by CrabShack » Logged

NO CRABS WERE HARMED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS POST
WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS...FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2006, 07:10:59 PM »

Guys,
Once again, my post was not intended to upset anyone......and if it turned out that way, it certainly wasn't my intentions. On behalf of everyone involved here, I take full responsiblity and apologize. I'm sorry.
Thanks,
ChrisS

in·teg·ri·ty   
Islander
Lifetime Member

"Life is simple, its just not easy."

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2006, 07:16:37 PM »

Guys,
Once again, my post was not intended to upset anyone......and if it turned out that way, it certainly wasn't my intentions. On behalf of everyone involved here, I take full responsiblity and apologize. I'm sorry.
Thanks,
ChrisS

Fair enough!  Cool

Crab A Lot

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2006, 11:10:04 PM »

Glad you resolved your differences life is to short to fight over crab net. laugh laugh laugh

Like Clint Eastwood once said opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one/ Grin Grin Grin

Happy Holidays to everyone laugh Grin Cool Cool Cool

P.S/Seaweed your net look like their constructed very well.

Chesapeake Bay Crabs are the best!!!!!!!!
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2006, 11:44:45 PM »

Well I see where y'all BSed the day away at,do y'all always get so bitchy after crab season? might want to think about a trip to sunny Fla,. for some winter crabbing to help you through the withdrawals before you really get "crabby"  Roll Eyes  PS, I like Stainless Steel for everything on or around a boat

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne

on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

That's the problem with the 1 hobby/sport people RD! Grin Got nuttin else to do Grin How's huntin goin? I hunt ducks too. I golfed Saturday 2 rounds. Same today probably. Got a 7:43 t-time.Fished for giant seabass Thursday and killed em. 60 miles out in the fog, and 6 man limit Grin Fish to 8#. Clean Sweep Sportfishing charter. These guys know fish Wink I ski too, but with this weather, I'll golf. Gotta work too, so I can't do a lot of other stuff, but I don't need the bitchin! Can get that at home Grin Grin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL Grin

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
GV

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2006, 08:00:07 AM »

I went through the thread and might have missed the answer to these questions...but I'd be curious?

- Does it float or could I alter it so that it floated (I'm a crappy crabber)?

- What is the overall length of the net?

Depending on the answers to those 2 questions - I'm in for a net.....

Thanks.
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2006, 10:20:49 AM »

I went through the thread and might have missed the answer to these questions...but I'd be curious?

Thanks.
The wood handled one should float,the ones with a metal handle you could fill will foam to make them float too.I use 3/4 PVc pipe for the handle on my hook pole for pots,even with a piece of 1/4 Stainless 16 in long in 1 end it will still float,sticks strait up in the air with the end about 18 inches out of the water.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
That's the problem with the 1 hobby/sport people RD! Grin Got nuttin else to do Grin How's huntin goin? I hunt ducks too. I golfed Saturday 2 rounds. Same today probably. Got a 7:43 t-time.Fished for giant seabass Thursday and killed em. 60 miles out in the fog, and 6 man limit Grin Fish to 8#. Clean Sweep Sportfishing charter. These guys know fish Wink I ski too, but with this weather, I'll golf. Gotta work too, so I can't do a lot of other stuff, but I don't need the bitchin! Can get that at home Grin Grin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL Grin
Hunting sucks right now ,no water in the swamps and ponds,8 lb seabass WOW, those are nice, bis as we see are around 2 lbs,thats some of the finest fish that swims to eat,I skin them and cut out the rib cage before cooking

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
Seaweed
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2006, 11:52:29 AM »

Thanks.

Float:  hmmm.. no.  Wood handles, 6' long.  You could attach some type of float to the end of the handle to make it stand upright if dropped.

Git 'r dun!
ChrisS

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2006, 09:05:46 PM »

If crabbers could afford Stainless Steel to make crab pots out of, I believe they would.

in·teg·ri·ty   

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home