February 21, 2018, 11:51:42 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's Here?  (Read 4711 times)
on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2003, 08:28:46 AM »

Hello All! This is my first post on this site. Was refered here from the bassbarn. It is a fishing site mainly for stripers in the Jersey area. Hope I am not doing something wrong by posting another site, as I can see no compitition. I like to hunt/fish/golf, but I really LOVE TO EAT CRABS!!! I also like to catch them. Have about 20 hand traps of different style. A 14ft polarcraft, mainly for ducks and a 21ftCC Starcraft that is actually easier to crab out of, if you have enough water(lost a lower unit to the shallows). I'm looking for a garlic crab recipe, similiar to the Hardshell Cafe's. Most of the Jersey people have probably tried them. They are Excellent. Was wondering if some of you are on the barn? Some of the names are the same. Also I would love to come down and try some crabbing in your waters. Have some friends that won't even crab up here. They are spoiled! Hey, you know what I mean. You have to get your fix! Well good luck and tight lines, VAL

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
Bdc

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 09:38:29 AM »

On the hook,
Welcome to the board!! Crab enthusiasts are always welcome here. This is the best site around for Blue Crabs and Blue Claw Crabbing! If you want  a few garlic recipes, look under "How do you like your crabs" under the general discussion and "Recipes" as a topic. I posted a few there as well....i think. That should be somewhat helpful. Enjoy!!
-Bdc

Little Orca
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 10:59:44 PM »

Hey - "on the hook"

Welcome to the best site for crabbin.

Read all the posts, (it could take ya a while), but you will find answers to questions you didn't even know you wanted to ask!!!!

Also ---- what is the name of the web site on Stripers. I have just taken up the sport and I am fishing off of Graveling Point. (If yer also from South Jersey --- you'll know where that is).

And one last thing --- you won't find better crabs or better crabbin than here in South Jersey.

(Yea ---- that will start some more discussions).   Roll Eyes Cool Roll Eyes Cool Roll Eyes Cool Roll Eyes
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 11:03:21 PM »

on the hook.....welcome!
good to see a fellow barner on this site Wink

i see we have some things in common. the only thing i like to do better than catching crabs and eels is duck huntin. cant forget those stripers, though!!!

as with the barn, we all like to share stories and info. good to have ya
fishnhunt

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 11:34:26 PM »

And theres now one of those west coasters here too.

on the hook
Lifetime Member

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 06:23:39 AM »

Thanks guys. The bassbarn.com, good(best) site for stripers! I do a lot of crabbing in S. Jersey. Mostly around Fortescue. In the marsh seems to be the best. Lived in Houston for 12yrs. and it was O.K. Better hunting down there. Eel, I saw your from S. Jersey also?Welcome fishnhunt. Bdc, your also S. Jersey. Can I make a wild guess at the handle? Somethin about back-door? Will post how I'm doing with the fishing/crabbing as time goes by. Believe that was a song? VAL

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
Kodi

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 07:19:42 AM »

On the hook,

Welcome to the site!  I think you'll find that this is the best blue crab site out there so enjoy!!!

Kodi
bluecrabberone

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2003, 06:33:09 AM »

Good morning folks....Newbie here from the Bayou State. Commercial bluecrabber from Lake Ponchartrain. Brother is  commercial crabber out of North Fort Myers Fla. Good site, wish we had a local site like this down on the bayou. Big Boys are running good here, south Fl still off.
on the hook
Lifetime Member

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »

Welcome there Bluecrabberone! Seems there are a few comm. crabbers here. Think you'll enjoy. PS I think you should send ME a nice BUSHEL of them big boys!  Tongue

Crabpop

Home Sweet Home

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2003, 07:54:34 PM »

Hey, bluecrabberone, welcome to the forum.  Just wanted to say thanks for keeping us northerners supplied with "blueclaws" when they're not in season here.  I love our Maryland bluecrabs in the summer and fall, but Lousiana crabs taste just fine Grin the rest of the year!

Crabpop

Severn, Md USA

Steve
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2003, 08:08:36 PM »

Wish we had a local site like this down on the bayou.

Welcome, bluecrabberone! This site is by no means limited to only crabbing the Chesapeake Bay... we have folks from as far away as South America asking questions and talking about blue crabs.... that the beauty of the Internet... makes the world a much smaller place!  Smiley

Tell your Bayou crabbing friends about this forum... we'd love to hear from you all.
Kodi

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2003, 08:22:39 PM »

Bluecrabberone,

Welcome to the site!!!  And man I want to thank you and your buds there for supplying us with the blues in the winter!  They go great when winter has us in it's grip.

Kodi
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2003, 03:43:14 PM »

welcome, bluecrabberone. good to hear from a crabber down south
Crabbyboy

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2003, 03:47:37 PM »

welcome!!!   you keep us informed, we'll keep you informed Wink Wink Grin
NJ Grasshopper

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2003, 09:51:30 PM »

Ditto to all the new members from the last week or so -----

seems ya have been advertising for them Steve!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home