April 10, 2021, 07:31:10 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida topless traps.  (Read 19107 times)
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2007, 08:38:42 PM »

RD, Have you heard if Florida has addressed the topless traps in their last session?

Retired in paradise!
captaincrab55
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 09:02:25 PM »

RD, Have you heard if Florida has addressed the topless traps in their last session?
Topless Beaches,  OK   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes...  Topless Traps,  No No Angry Angry...    Go figure....

Supporter and Lifetime Member
2B1ask1

TRUST ME !!!!
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:04:39 PM »

I heard they were going to discuss topless traps in Ocala Tuesday; they voted against them? If so why?

Retired in paradise!
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 11:44:50 PM »

I heard they were going to discuss topless traps in Ocala Tuesday; they voted against them? If so why?
I will find out tomorrow,didn't talk to any of them today

Organized Fishermen of Fla.                                                                                                                              
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
- John Wayne
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 12:41:46 AM »

Thanks!

Retired in paradise!

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 01:16:47 AM »

That is crazey.

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
R D
Lifetime Member

Location: St. Marks Fl. If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.(Samuel Adams)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 06:58:07 PM »

For all who are interested, The Blue Crab Advisory board did vote Tuesday to make the necessary change to allow Topless traps in Fla. waters. I just got off the phone with Bill Sharp of the FFWCC,all that has to be done is strike the word Prymid,but since it is in Fla. Statues it will probably be a part of the blue crab bill in the legislature this session,when the time comes it may be necessary for y'all to call your local legislative delagation to put in a good word for it to pass, I will post the bill #s when I know them

- John Wayne
SHELLFISH
Lifetime Member

Formerly Bogman102

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 08:11:13 PM »

Thanks RD!

Retired in paradise!
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 08:55:09 PM »

GOOD luck , hope they pass it .  Wink

Crabcruncher

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 09:17:30 PM »

Thanks for all your help with this Rd, we all owe ya one.

Cc

Say brother....can you spare a crab...

fla chicken necker
In Memoriam 08/2013

Love those Jimmy's

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 09:17:06 PM »

Thanks for the update Rick. I'll make a call or send a E-mail to my local representatives once I know it's on the agenda. I personally don't use top less traps, but the box style I made, and used, were considered illegal as well. And most of the pyramid traps I see used are illegal under current laws. Most have 16" X 16" bases, not the 12" X 12" required.

Al

HATE THE HAWK---NOT THE HAWK'ER!
mreinke

New to Crabbing !

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 06:56:03 PM »

Im still a bit confused about this topic. I know that 12 x 12 pyramids are legal ,but the bait shops dont.
Also where is it legal to place the larger traps and pots ?
Mike

Mike
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 08:29:49 PM »

The larger traps are still not legal anywhere,you are allowed 5 pots in Fla waters,I am not aware of any place that is closed to pots except Everglades National Park, I am sure there are a few more scattered around.

- John Wayne
gkrangers

pielet

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 03:07:53 PM »

Any word on when the change will be official?  I'd like to start crabbing in a month or so, with box or topless traps.  Can't stand those pyramid ones...
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 06:43:39 PM »

The bill is in a Senate committee in the morning at 9,but it has some opposition  and at least 3 more stops in the legislature before floor votes,if we can get it passed it will still be July 1st before it comes into effect.

- John Wayne

fla chicken necker
In Memoriam 08/2013

Love those Jimmy's

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 07:24:18 PM »

The bill is in a Senate committee in the morning at 9,but it has some opposition  and at least 3 more stops in the legislature before floor votes,if we can get it passed it will still be July 1st before it comes into effect.

Ron, are you refering to the proposal to strike the word "pyrmid" from the current recronational trap law. Or is that bundled into a larger package of issues to be voted on. It must, or why would there be any opposition. I know in the grand sceem of things, the kind of traps I use is a minor concern for the legislator, but from purly a selfish stand point I was hoping that at least the "P" word would be dropped. Thanks for keeping us updated and hopefully one day I'll read a post from you that will make my 12" square traps legal, like they are everywhere else.

AL

HATE THE HAWK---NOT THE HAWK'ER!
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 08:30:52 PM »

All the FWC's issues are in one bill,including the Blue Crab management plan It should all pass,we are working on fixing some penalty and fines language that we couldn't live with, the opposition is from a commercial group who just don't want anything to change or have to pay out any money,these guys would rather wait until they take pots from us one day and then scream "somebody needs to do something" rather than be proactive and initiate and pot reduction and put money in the kitty for cleaning up old pots or cut offs

- John Wayne
DocSmith

Proud of what I stand for; Careful what I fall for

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 02:20:52 AM »

Any updates on the topless trap issue?

Doc

The Cruelest Creature's the Crab, with Pinchers that can Cut you and Stab! And Then, when you Dine on Crab and White Wine, it's Murder when you Pick Up The Tab!
R D
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 07:30:08 AM »

Hey Doc,  it didn't get out of the Senate Committee Thurs, ran out of time just as it was being read,it will be 2 weeks before this committee meets again,

- John Wayne
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 11:24:29 AM »

Hope they pass the box trap issue for you guys down there , that would be sooooo nice. Good luck. Wink Wink Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home