December 04, 2021, 11:57:53 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staying in Frisco over Memorial Day  (Read 17608 times)
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »

Tim   look me up when your down here, I'm a commercial crabber on the OBX. We might still be peeler crabbing when your here but either way your welcome to a free boat ride with me to watch us work. I also have a shedding operatin going on too. It's pretty neat to see how  it works too.... I live in Kill Devil Hills,behind the Wright Memorial in a little town called Colington....   Gene   cell # 252 202 6469
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 08:55:24 PM »

Gene, I take it you either run or sell at one of those dealers down there. Correct me if I'm wrong it's been a while since I've been down there. The places are Edurance and A&B Seafood right? We started to buy from some of the guys down in Stumpy Point since Cahoon's and Englehard closed up. Can't remember the name of the dealer down near Frisco that he(timcollins42)could but from,unless you can load him up Huh I'm thinking the guys name was Tracy for some reason Undecided Huh

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
genecrabman

OBX CRABS @ HALF-FAST SEAFOOD 252 202 6469

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 10:01:36 PM »

Tracey(Top Dollar Seafood) has gone out of Business down in Hatteras as far as I know. The only crab dealer that I know of is Tilgman Gray in Avon.
horsefly
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 10:16:21 PM »

What in the world has happend to all these guys getting out of the business. I figured once you're in "you're really in" I know things can get tough and really bad. Let's see Sept 11th left us holding the bag on lots of crabs, so many I was taking them to picking houses in Fl until then, our driver was in DC and saw the plane fly over and then crash into the Pentagon he got out of DC in a hurry. Then the Beltway sniper made matters even worse. Finally when things improve a little our parttime back-up driver crosses the center line hits head on with a state dump truck( kills him btw)not the state worker. Then in 05 I get hurt, and in the end of Dec.05 our main driver who's been there since day one quits. You figure after a law suit from the death bossman woulda bailed out then right? Wrong. We keep plugging away kick butts when they don't pay up north. See I dont blame you Gene for kinda going out on your own, it usually means better money. Actually I think we need our heads checked for doing it. laugh

Lots of crabbers and crab lovers on here. If you enjoy crabs, lot's of info and good chat about crabs. Why not go ahead and donate to this forum. Deep down after doing research on here and chatting with others,you will find useful info from some new friends.ENJOY!!
timcollins42

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 08:26:53 AM »

Gene, that sounds awesome.  Thanks a million for the offer.  I will certainly give you a call when we come down.  As if I didn't have enough to look forward to when we come down!! LOL

tattoo
In Memoriam 09/2021
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 11:32:08 PM »

sounds like you are going to have a GREAT time, Hope you can make enough time to do all the things you plan on.  GOOD LUCK.  Wink Wink Wink

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.
timcollins42

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 12:16:37 PM »

6 weeks to go!  I can't wait to get down there and leave fat and happy and full of crab and beer!! 
We changed our reservations and are staying in Rodanthe now...anyone have any good tips for me?
Anyone have any predictions for the season so far with the weather?  I'm not sure what it's done down there but here in Ohio it's been pretty odd, even for us.  80 degrees one day and 30 the next is just plain nuts!  I'm looking forward to warm ocean breezes..
pastfinder

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 02:03:37 PM »

Yall mentioned Daniels Crab House on the causway...I can't help but remembering buying bags of Crab claws for next to nothing.  The perfect snack while fishing or crabbing Wink

Down in Frisco, you gotta go to Bubba's BBQ.  Some of the best on the coast IMHO.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home