May 27, 2018, 11:40:21 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wye Landing permit?  (Read 1756 times)
madcrab

Say hello to my littl' friend!!

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2004, 03:00:24 PM »

I went down to Wye Landing to see how to get there and see what it's like.  The sign at the dock said, I think, that you need a permit or pass, or something like that to park a trailer there.  Well I don't have or need a trailer.  I just put boat and all into the back of my pickup truck and haul out.  So do I need a pass or whatever to park my truck there?  Huh

"...as a free man, I take pride in saying, I am a doughnut."
Darrell
Supporting Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 10:24:38 PM »

Thats a catch 22 that you win. in a way. No you dont need a pass in the sense you speak of. However Talbot County does require a pass to use the ramps Its a ramp use pass. If you are seen by the Talbot Co employee that cruises round the ramps checking permits on trailers and are seen using the ramp then they could site you. If you launch and then park the truck its just a truck parked. With a empty boat trailer attached they consider it prima facia evidence that you launched and will ticket you. It could happen that a person  just happened to have a trailer..no boat.. You know  the rest.tell it to the judge!  All that said the Wye Landing did sell ramp permits but due to Mr.Schaitmans recent medical emergency that may not be the case right now. Ramp users may have to go to the rec center down by Easton on Rt 50 when their open for passes.
madcrab

Say hello to my littl' friend!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 01:46:30 PM »

Thanks!!  In all actuallity, I don't need to use the ramp; I can just launch it from shore.  Thanks for the input Darrell!!  Grin Grin Cool

"...as a free man, I take pride in saying, I am a doughnut."
swamphox

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 03:09:05 PM »

Same topic different subject or vice versa. I just got my Talbot County permit at Chesapeake Outdoors.

http://pages.queenannes.com/sports/chesapeakeoutdoors.htm  

I know that there has been talk about a 25 dollar fee for Talbot County. This place is still selling for 10 bucks. Also, if you go less than a mile past (eastbound) there is another place that has a bunch of crabbing equipment . I don't know if they sell permits or not.

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home