July 18, 2019, 08:09:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crabslayer's Annual Crab Prediction  (Read 17282 times)
Black Irish

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 02:16:06 PM »

A Prophet is never welcomed in his own town.  angel2

You got a lot of free time today. Did you miss the short bus again? Grin
crabtracker

Mook Want Crab!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2007, 03:33:09 PM »

yeah but i didn't say where !! the man is right. the pax is a big river. you gotta know where to look!  Grin Grin evilgrin

only a fool fights in a burning house
a Man will walk into [Sam Hill] with his eyes wide open,
 but even the Devil can't fool a Dog.
buddscreek

I Love Crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 04:03:54 PM »

in the water? am i right?
HenPot
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 06:00:11 PM »

Ahhhh, I see how it is!  Captain Chesapeake comes out with his annual prediction, and I get tarred!

I can't see very far into the future, all I know is what I have seen in the past!

Sometime, around mid April, we'll see a post that reads something like this.  "I layed 25,000 feet of snodded trotline in Eastern Bay, ran all day and ended up with 2 crabs!  Both crabs were loaded in to their specially designed crabs safety seats for the ride to market"
             Brian   AKA - CrapSlayer

Then sometime in late August, we'll see another post that reads something like this.  "Banner day on the Gunpowder, nailed them, almost 1 crab to a run.  Made 15 runs, and ended the day with 15 crabs.  With the crabs my friends from the Wye gave me, we had enough for a nice feast"  PS- Throw the females back, and be nice to turtles!
             Greg   AKA- BlackRash

Heres a prediction for ya, by July the crabs will be pretty well through the Wye, and by December they won't be there no more!  This is way too much thinking for me..................................I need to get back to working on my traps!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 06:01:56 PM by HenPot » Logged
long green crabber
In Memoriam 12/2011
Lifetime Member

crabbin` cruiser

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 06:07:11 PM »

you working on traps? me ,too. then the net gets a overhaul,then the trot gets a going over. it`s almost splashdown.   lgc

Joe Crabs
Lifetime Member

I fly on the Wye

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2007, 07:43:29 PM »

They already know. The Pax, the Wye, the Narrows, the Bohemia... in that order. Cheesy
Hey  Greg you forgot the  singer  laugh laugh laugh laugh

Haven't you guys learned by now we don't wait for an invite. laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh smartass2 Cool Cool Cool

Crabbing, enjoying the water, meeting new people, making new friends, that's what it's all about.
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

A CRAB A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY.   

Click Here To Mount Your Crab
crabtracker

Mook Want Crab!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 11:19:17 AM »

in the water? am i right?
water? what water?  evilgrin evilgrin smartass2

only a fool fights in a burning house
a Man will walk into [Sam Hill] with his eyes wide open,
 but even the Devil can't fool a Dog.
jimkfish

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 09:58:10 PM »

Brian, hope you are right. I didn't go crabbing enough last year and hope to make up for this year. Instead of the usual two 600 ft lines going to try using topless traps. Planning to visit MSSA Fishing Fea Market in Essex on Saturday to get 30 traps from KC.  You need to give me ring next time you are going make a short trip to your boat.
mrscharms
Lifetime Member

I REALLY LOVE crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 11:30:30 PM »

Welcome to the board, Jim!

I only hope the predictions are right!  I'm all ready....got my boat fixed today by a local guy that runs out of Kent Island.  He came to my house...spent an hour and a half on my boat...replaced all the wires and put a toggle switch in my dead killswitch and tuned up my boat...final bill:  $122.00.  I can definitely live with that!  My new boat mechanic!

Janice

tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 12:33:43 AM »

Glad to hear your boat is ready, now all you need is for the crabs to show up.  Wink Wink

Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter soon to be Java Sea

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 08:52:02 AM »

Brian, hope you are right. I didn't go crabbing enough last year and hope to make up for this year. Instead of the usual two 600 ft lines going to try using topless traps. Planning to visit MSSA Fishing Fea Market in Essex on Saturday to get 30 traps from KC.  You need to give me ring next time you are going make a short trip to your boat.

Jim, welcome to the board.  I did try to call you but your better half said you were FISHING.  Now what's that all about.  laugh

This is how it's going to go.  After I kick your A$$ i'm going to run you through the wood chipper and put you in containers in the freezer to use in my crab pots!  The really sad part?  You let an old man kick your A$$!!!
Black Irish

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 09:40:30 AM »

Banner day on the Gunpowder, nailed them...

Remember I don't run you to shore everytime you have to pee. Bring your Depends this year so you won't have to try to dip crabs crosslegged the whole time. Grin
tattoo
Lifetime Member

MY BOAT CRAB TRAP

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007, 12:37:05 PM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2007, 01:53:15 PM »

stop stop stupid laugh4 laugh4 laugh4 laugh4

Shhhh...  You don't invite the whole state of New Jersy and Pennsylvania down. Grin

ST, 

You mean I can't come down and crab the pax this early season with you guys?  I figured on just looking for either you or CrabbyD and and just plopping my traps next ta ya!   Wink  I won't bring or tell anyone else from PA, Del, NJ, or NY either  I swear.. 

Slayer,

I like your thinking, but based on the winter dredge reports, things are about the same if not a bit lower than last years reports.  I think weather and rain will make the difference more than anything.  I do agree a lot of small crabs ;ast year and they should be mature this year which should help, but still looks like overal numbers are slightly down to steady at best. 

.......Cdog

MD / PA Line

Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2007, 02:09:59 PM »

ST, 

You mean I can't come down and crab the pax this early season with you guys?  I figured on just looking for either you or CrabbyD and and just plopping my traps next ta ya!   Wink  I won't bring or tell anyone else from PA, Del, NJ, or NY either  I swear.. 

Slayer,

I like your thinking, but based on the winter dredge reports, things are about the same if not a bit lower than last years reports.  I think weather and rain will make the difference more than anything.  I do agree a lot of small crabs ;ast year and they should be mature this year which should help, but still looks like overal numbers are slightly down to steady at best. 

.......Cdog

Hey Dog

where's the Pax River?  Never heard of it...

What dredge report are you reading.  It may look just like last years since it probably is.... Grin laugh

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2007, 02:17:14 PM »

Yeah, the next one is due out in April. laugh laugh laugh  Good ol' dog, always good for a laugh on a Monday. Grin

Not laughing at ya Dog....laughing with you.... laugh laugh laugh laugh Grin Grin Grin

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, a crab in one hand, a beer in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW--What a Ride!"
CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2007, 02:18:44 PM »

Hey Dog

where's the Pax River?  Never heard of it...

What dredge report are you reading.  It may look just like last years since it probably is.... Grin laugh

Just seeing who was paying attention...!   Wink  You don't worry I have placed a GPS becon on your boat and trailer.  I will have no problems following you.  Of course it will be 3 hours after you get there and launch and catch half your crabs!   laugh laugh laugh laugh 

..cdog

MD / PA Line
Crabbyd
Lifetime Member

5 girls....and DONE!!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2007, 02:22:57 PM »

Just seeing who was paying attention...!   Wink  You don't worry I have placed a GPS becon on your boat and trailer.  I will have no problems following you.  Of course it will be 3 hours after you get there and launch and catch half your crabs!   laugh laugh laugh laugh 

..cdog

If I catch half my crabs before you get there, you will eating chicken necks for supper....  the hole will be empty.  I'm unlimited this year... Wink 

CrabDog
Lifetime Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2007, 02:25:09 PM »

Yeah, the next one is due out in April. laugh laugh laugh  Good ol' dog, always good for a laugh on a Monday. Grin

You can laugh or point , but not both brother.  I was seeing who was paying attention.  I actually hope the larger number of smaller crabs we encountered this year will have grown enough to be decent size this year and in theory we should have bigger and better crabs.  Yet the same thing happens every year with the rockfish.  You go and catch a pile of little guys 15-17 inches and say well next year these guys will be 18-20 or bigger so we will have a pile of keeper size rockfish to catch next year and yet the follwoing year the next bunch of rockfish you see are 15 - 17 inches again.  Like they become legal size and then disappear..!  Honestly I did hear the rockfish spawn count is down this year form last.  I am not making anymore comments....   blank

.....Cdog

MD / PA Line

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home