December 04, 2020, 09:17:51 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boat Ramp Permit in MD?  (Read 10291 times)
delawhere

Ignore
« on: May 07, 2003, 03:58:44 PM »

Does anyone know about a boat ramp permit in Maryland for the public ramps?  I was on the website http://mddnr.chesapeakebay.net/fish/state2.html and noticed that Cecil County says you need a permit.  I couldn't find anywhere on how to get one or why I need one.  The public ramp at Elk Neck park has a $5 launch fee.  Do I need a permit on top of this?  

on the hook
Lifetime Member

Location: Central Pa/S Jersey till I can find some work somewhere

I love crabs!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 04:23:52 PM »

Just a question? If I were to come to Md. to crab for a day, could I pay at the ramp, or do I have to get a permit also?  Not sure, but would like to try.

I'm niether proud nor embarrassed, I'm a man....Sometimes I sh!t my pants.....It's part of the deal.
Darrell

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2003, 09:06:49 PM »

The boat ramp permits are county permits. You have to get one for each county that requires permits. Talbot County (Wye Landing) used to send applications for all prior permit holders out by mail in the spring..this year you will have to buy one at a local place.I do not know if Wye Landing is one of the places. It may be the same with other counties with ramp permits.l You may have to make a crabless trip out to the county beforehand  to buy the permit as I will have to do. The Talbot County permit is 10 dollars for a MD resident or Md registered boat and 35 dollars for others. All in all its a cheap price for a years launching. I pay 90 a year for my home base in Va. at a NPS Service consession Belle Haven Marina near WW Wilson Bridge on the Potomac. In Virginia as a rule the ramps are operated by the Fish and game commision and are free to all. Grin
Crabpop

Home Sweet Home

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2003, 09:06:59 PM »

Guys, boat ramp permits are issued by each county and the price can vary.  I believe that most run $15-25  for the season.  I don't know if they have one-day or three-day permits.  Now where to get the permits.  Angler's on eastbound Rt. 50, about a mile before the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, sells Queen Anne's County boat ramp permits.  This is primarily Kent Island and the Chester River.  There is another sporting goods store on the right side, after you cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, that sells Talbot County permits.  This includes the famous Wye River with launch ramp at Schnaitman's.  Check out the following URL and I believe they have a tel number you can call for further information.  If you have a cell phone with free long distance calling, the call won't cost you anything. Good luck and good crabbin'.

http://mddnr.chesapeakebay.net/fish/state2.html

Severn, Md USA
Darrell

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2003, 09:11:29 PM »

Sorry I did not adress some of your questions. If you pay a fee to launch at a ramp thats it.You have paid for the day.These would be private owned ramps, or places where you put your money in a pipe or some kind of safe after writing down your tag # ect on a money envelope.  The permits are for the public county owned ramps, Also if you live in these counties the permit may be free. Sorry there are no day permits that I know of

phillyguy

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 07:49:44 AM »

Used Elk Neck park ramp last year, just droped $5 in a box, no permit.  Never did the Wye, but last year I called down to the boat rental place at the Wye (I have their phone number if needed).  They sold daily ramp permits.  $8 sticks in my mind.
rj

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2003, 09:35:42 PM »

if you use a ramp that requires a daily fee  that is collected onsite the day you launch you do not need a county permit. county permits are for the unattended ramps.  (someone does ride around and check for permits displayed on vehicles, if your vehicle is seen without a permit you will receive a ticket in the mail,
$50 ,from personal experience!!) also the wye river ramp sometimes has a county employee selling permits
onsite on busy weekends

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home