October 16, 2018, 11:28:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where'd everyone go?  (Read 13603 times)
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2003, 09:39:41 AM »

Dave... sure I remember you! Welcome back!!

Glad you like the new forum... from the number of messages posted, it appears that everyone else likes it too.
waterman4456

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2003, 10:39:49 AM »

April has been hard, broke right hand, got new carolina skiff, water temp still low, bait hard to get and time is scarce. Good Luck to all . Will be back soon i hope Tongue
KaseyWolf

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2003, 03:45:25 PM »

Been sick lately.  Got viral bronchitis at the end of February, and I'm still not over it.  Really beginning to tick me off!

My wife made some Maryland Crab Soup.....think it helped me better than the chicken noodle soup!
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2003, 06:28:06 PM »

hey waterman, howdya like that new skiff ya got? did you get that semi vee you were lookin for?
cw

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2003, 08:28:22 PM »

cw set pots to day water cold but were gona break lose any day cant belive we lost hole month of april Sad Sad Sad let you no how i do sjss

Wye River Web

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2003, 10:13:45 PM »

I check in once or twice a week.  I don't post much, but will comment from time to time if I see something that strikes me.  I have seen what appear to be eel floats in the river, clammers in boats, but I have not seen a professional crabber this season.  Hope we have more crabs than we did last year.  I miss the grass in the river and I'm sure the crabs do also.

Wye River Web
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2003, 10:13:55 PM »

hey cw, where ya been hidin?havent heard from ya in a while
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2003, 10:15:41 PM »

welcome to the site, wye river web
Wye River Web

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2003, 10:32:15 PM »

Eelfisher,

I have seen your name on postings before.  I have watched the site for a year or so and enjoy most of the topics.

Where are you from (what part of the country)

I find it interesting that people enjoy crabbing in places other than Maryland.  

Your not one of those people who BOIL their crabs are you ?

Wye River Web
Thoroughbred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2003, 10:42:19 PM »

Dave... sure I remember you! Welcome back!!

Glad you like the new forum... from the number of messages posted, it appears that everyone else likes it too.

Thanks Steve and it's great to be back!

cw4340

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2003, 11:53:09 AM »

eel been tryin how too figure out what them crabs are gona do next we just need some sunshine & warmer water these easterlys are killin us take care GOD BLESS
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2003, 05:40:29 PM »

thanks, cw. you too. you catchin any killies this year?

wye river web, i was born and raised in so. jersey. have most of my fun in the great egg harbor bay area.been eatin crabs all my life and we always boiled them. up to a few years ago, that is. now i clean them before i STEAM them. thats the only way i eat em now. Grin
cw4340

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2003, 05:09:02 AM »

YA ELL WE BE CATCHIN A FEW MINNIERS BUT IF YA BE FROM SOUTH JERSEY WHY YOU CALL EM KILLIES THATS USUALY A DEAD GIVE AWAY YOU FROM NORTH JERSEY , THERE EVEN POTTIN SLOW WE NEED WARMER WATER
bunkerboy

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2003, 08:09:42 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site but have been crabbing the South Jersey area for 35 yrs. Water temps. last year at this time were around 65 degs. due to the very hot spring. Of course this year is a different story.It looks to be a late start to the season. Good luck out there!
Clamie1

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2003, 08:16:04 AM »

Hey bunker boy, up here in Shark River the water is 49 degrees and it's not warming up too guick either. Hang in there.

eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2003, 04:28:04 PM »

killies, minnows, minnies, .... all the same, cw. Wink everythings slow startin this year.

bunkerboy and clamie, welcome to the site. looking forward to your reports. where in the state y'all from??
cw4340

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2003, 03:15:17 PM »

ell how goes the catchin of them snakes they actin cold too. should be tendin them crab pots everyday by now but them crabs still movin slow been goin on two and three day sets but the nats are here now so i spose one day we,ll wake up it ill be 90 deg no wind  and it will all break lose   take care GOD BLESS
eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2003, 04:48:45 PM »

slow, cw... just like everything else. matter of fact i'm thinkin of callin it quits.1.50/ king crab cant make much profit. looks like the birds won the war.

you know anyone up your way that might want to buy a couple dozen eel pots 1/2 x 1'' mesh? also a live car, white cedar ? i'm keepin my bait pots.
Howard

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2003, 01:55:24 PM »

Smiley
Hey everyone.  Alive and well....just so darn busy at work and doing a lot of fixer uppers at the house, in between all the d...n rain!

However, I'm really getting the "big blue" fever now.
Going to go to a 500 ft trotline this year....that should be interesting and of course will take a lot longer to bait....but it will be worth it if I get the results I'm looking for Grin

On being off the website...sheesh...I use to hammer this site so hard, I thought  I was going to have Steve terminate my butt.  I'll definitely be putting up some solid reports once I get out there and that won't be long from the looks of things.  Got my Talbot County Ramp sticker and of course my 2003 crabbing permit.

All is left to do, is check out the ole Merc,  re-do my extra large dipper with some new chicken wire and check out my lights on the trailer.  I checked my log from last year and I got me nearly 1/2 bushel on May 24th.  However, we all know that this was a bad winter up here around the bays, so all this fresh water might not be a good thing until we get a little more salinity and of course some warmer water temps, like say 60 -65 degrees.

For those who knew of my sunroom project, well I completed that "bad boy" last fall and if I can remember, I'll put a few pictures up here on the site.

Since the netting of my first 9" blue back in July of 01', haven't seen one that big since.  My new quest is for a
9 1/4" wide-body and I guarantee to put his picture up on the "Blue Archives"

Well to all of my crabbing crazed colleagues, good luck and please be safe out there, ok? Cool Grin

R/Howard
cw4340

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2003, 06:38:55 PM »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley :)ell the only thing good i sea with the crabs is that it looks like after the shed should be good crabbin from the seaside of south jersey take care ps. howard with only 6 posts were ya been Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home