November 13, 2018, 03:14:34 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chincoteague/Assoteague VA  (Read 3442 times)
JP in PA

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2004, 11:21:46 AM »

How come nobody's talking about Chin/Assot?  Is crabing not doing well or does nobody ever go there?  Or is it best to drive to somewhere from there to crab?  Just wondering, I have had some great responses to tell me area's near by but I was just wondering why no crab post's for the islands themself?

Thanks

JP
Black Irish

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 12:04:38 PM »

We had a summer house down in Greenbackville, VA when I was growing up, right on Chincoteague Bay. You didn't need suntan lotion, the mosquitoes would keep you covered Grin. Crabbing was always pretty good but you needed the protein to help prevent anemia from the blood loss.
jack1747
Lifetime Member
Global Moderator

Crab'n is a way of life....

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 12:43:08 PM »

u aint gona believe this but there aint hardly any bugs this year.  nobody nos y

"Helping to Moderate the BCA since 2003"
Crabslayer

Chesapeake Bay Crab Potter

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 02:02:38 PM »

BI, ahhhh Greenbackville.  Have you been down there lately?  Captain's Cove is being bought up like crazy.  Property has doubled even tripled in price.  Love the restaurant on the water.  Good food, cheap beer! Cheesy

Do you really want a guy who taxed the rain in the White House?
Fruitland Crabber

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 10:01:24 PM »

I crab around assateague area and crabbings doing as well as anywhere else. And theres always been a plenty crabs in chincoteague

Black Irish

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 11:27:39 PM »

Crabslayer,
It was twenty years ago... I'm showing my age. We had a little 2 bedroom house on Flying Dutchman Way (rd., pl., ave.?) Nice little lagoon with a dock, had to pass by the commercial clam boat docks on the way out. I loved that house, but my mother hated it. We had an 18ft Boston Whaler w/65hp to waterski, fish, crab, etc. from. Ahhh the good ol days... 'Sharkey' (you still around buddy?) used to take us out to fish for sand sharks and he would cut the grass and keep an eye on the place in exchange for using our dock and keeping his boat there. Last I heard, the area was turned into a golf course. Can anyone say DEET? We had names for all the greenhead flies, kinda like pets! Good Lord I wish my father had kept that place, probably worth a small fortune by now. We were city slickers, way out of place. For instance, we'd go to the general store and although all of the locals were very friendly, you could tell by the smiles that we were just entertainment for them. But they were God honest people, proud & hard working. Obviously, I still miss the place. My father's friend has a hotel and he goes down there for a reunion sort of thing every year with all of his buddies. I've though about joining him, but I start to itch all over... Shocked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home