October 16, 2018, 11:51:08 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Total time logged in: 0 minutes.

Home   Help Login Register  

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NextWave Hydra-Ranch (crab farm)  (Read 3636 times)
Aquaman

« on: April 17, 2003, 01:20:52 PM »

This is it.  I've worked on this project for over three years and the initial response from my consultants are all positive.  A million crabs sounds like a lot, but in all honesty, if the feasability analaysis proves me correct, I can grow 10x that or more.  Sounds like a load of sh_t huh?  I'm confident in my methods to achieve this.  

I've recently formed a company named NextWave Hydra-Ranch,  What the [Sam Hill] is hydra-ranching?  I feel my methods reflect the term ranching instead of farming.  Of course I'm looking ahead, if my efforts prove correct, it's not just a new business I'm starting, but a new industry.

I plan to initially partner with only one customer who will agree to purchase all the crabs I produce.  I know I could make more per crab on the retail market, but then I would have to be concerned with thousands of transactions.  I will spend the first three years contractually growing for a single customer, this will allow me to streamline my process and then watch out.  Also, having a contract will help me im my financing efforts.

P.S.  This is a great website, I'll be hanging out here more often.  If you would like to discuss this further in person, email me or call @ 504-416-4318  

Matt O'Brien
Venice, La.
D Crabster

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 01:34:09 PM »

What up Aqua-dude ?  This sounds very interesting, how does with breeding.  Where are the crabs kept ?  How do you prevent them from eating each other ?  How big is the biggest you have produced ?
Steve
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 02:17:53 PM »

Your proposal intrigues me. I've often thought about "farm" raising blue crabs in order to provide a quality product all year 'round.

Do you plan to raise your crabs from egg to adult, or are you planning to catch adults and rear them until they are of a desired size? How do you plan to control cannabilism during molt? Are you planning to use indoor tanks and a closed circulation system or are you planning to use a body of water?

Many questions!!
Aquaman

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 02:49:08 PM »

Steve, I've designed massive tanks to hold the juveniles untill they grow out. Of course I intend to produce overwhelming numbers of larvae to populate my tanks.

Using the K.I.S.S. principle(keep it simple stupid) I plan to use a body of water. Costs due to trying to filter, oxygenate, sterilize etc.. in a closed recirculating system pushes overhead way up.

As far as canabalizing of molting crabs, 13%-15% of the blue crabs diet in the wild is other crabs.  I designed my tanks to marganalize the attrition.  In fact, my methods encourage a limited amount of the carnage.(free food)

I think I got my [shiz] together, If the "pros" numbers reflect my own, this should be a successful venture.

eelfisher

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 08:22:48 PM »

good luck, aquaman. hope your hard work pays off

Crabbyboy

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2003, 09:14:51 AM »

Well aguaman, i think we all wish you good luck!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home